The Lion King hits theaters on July 18th, 2019. "So it was nice of them to have them working with her to allow the new song to feel organically a part of the new production", said Favreau. Indeed, the visuals look utterly breathtaking, and box-office tracking has been promising, to say the least, and essentially, Disney has been grabbing all of the entertainment dollars this year.
Thankfully, it sounds like the new Lion King film delivers on this front, with Uproxx's Mike Ryan gushing: "It's the most handsome effects movie I've seen". "It was BEAUTIFULLY animated, paid the highest of honors to the original, and was packed with modern humor. It's a piece of art".
Adam, who is the BuzzFeed senior film reporter, continued: '#TheLionKing is a landmark *visual* experience.
"Oh man #TheLionKing delivers", Verhoeven tweeted.
Fandango's Erik Davis called it "visually immaculate" and a "game-changer for visual effects". 'Timon and Pumbaa steal the show.
Donald Glover's son, Legend, is a big fan of The Lion King-but not for the reason you'd expect. "Did we need a live-action version of? Authenticity and heart were important to me".
Collider's Steve Weintraub wrote that the house came down at his screening, and predicted a colossal box office win for Disney.
Zooey Deschanel steps out in a sheer polka-dot dress with bow detailing next to her sister Emily Deschanel, who dons a metallic ruched dress, at "The Lion King" Hollywood world premiere.
Glover dished about his time working as an R.A.in a New York City dorm, while simultaneously getting hired to work as a writer on "30 Rock", and said he spent all his money on candy. I was not in that movie.
"Donald Glover called me. While it's a story you know, it's soooooo well done". "Most of the voice acting works well and the music once again stands out", wrote Dennis Tzeng, host of Collider's "Movie Talk".
However, he hinted that despite cutting-edge technology the live action film struggles to convey human emotions through the expressions of animated animals.
- US adds solid 224000 jobs, making Fed rate cut less certain
- Former Warriors DeMarcus Cousins, Quinn Cook Will Sign With Lakers
- Trump says United Kingdom ambassador 'a very stupid guy'
- Meghan Markle apparently wants her son to have a rescue dog
- Russell Westbrook Trade Talks Ramp Up After Paul George Deal
- Amy Hart has quit the Love Island villa
- 'Friends' Leaving Netflix in 2020, Heading to WarnerMedia's HBO Max Streaming Service
- More migrants arrive in Italy despite Salvini's ban
- Afghan auto bomb kills 12 and wounds dozens, including students
- Vlad Guerrero Jr. steals HR show, but Pete Alonso steals title