The five-time world champion declared: 'I go to all these races and I lift the British flag proudly.
It was a turbulent build-up to the 2019 British Grand Prix for the Rich Energy Haas F1 Team and Friday's free practice sessions were full of mixed fortunes for drivers Romain Grosjean and Kevin Magnussen. Verstappen actually managed to come out of pit lane very slightly ahead of Leclerc, but the Monegasque didn't give up and a few corners later, he got in front again, which had the crowd on their feet.
"It really is a spectacular weekend".
Vettel immediately sought Verstappen out after the race, apologising and shaking the Dutchman's hand shortly after he had parked his vehicle.
"We need to work".
Past form certainly favours Mercedes. Four of those wins have come courtesy Hamilton.
He nailed the Ferrari on the outside at Stowe on lap 37, but ran slightly wide and Vettel tucked into his slipstream on the short run down to Vale - but positioned his Ferrari on the inside, with nowhere to go, and tried to switch back to the outside too late.
The four-times world champion, and last year's race victor at Silverstone, will line up a row behind Monegasque team mate Charles Leclerc, in third, and with both the Red Bulls also ahead of him. "It's great to finish third but today was very hard. I think it's fair to say we were just doing the same from Q1 to Q3, I wasn't really going with the track, unlike anyone else".
"I sacrificed a lap in Q2 (the second phase), which would have helped get a reading of how the auto was".
"What I don't understand is why the organisers put the race on the same day as all these big events", said Hamilton.
Gasly was lapped by the victorious Verstappen in Austria and the team reacted with a major review of his auto. But, of course, when I did, they had something to say.
Renault driver, who made his grand prix debut at Silverstone for HRT in 2011, was also happy the race will continue given the unique atmosphere it offers.
George Russell meanwhile, retained his immaculate record against Robert Kubica, finishing half-a-second clear of his Williams team-mate, albeit 19th of the 20 runners.
Meanwhile, in another surprise move, Haas announced before arriving at Silverstone that they were to revert Grosjean's VF-19 auto to its season-starting specification, removing all development parts from the vehicle in hope of discovering why the Frenchman in particular has struggled for pace this season.
- Galaxy Watch Active 2 leaked official renders confirm design changes
- World, Meet the Samsung Galaxy Note 10
- Dallas police plan press conference about missing 18-month-old
- Williamson hails NZ after World Cup stunner
- Klopp: Rhian Brewster will play an 'important role' for Liverpool this season
- Man United Standing Firm As Pogba In Contention For Big Squad Role
- Microsoft Tests Windows 10 Passwordless Logins With New Fast Ring Insider Build
- Love Island’s Amber admits she still has feelings for Michael
- Telford Conservative chairwoman backing Boris Johnson as PM
- Ed Sheeran reveals he married to Cherry Seaborn