After Mahrez's goal, they've got a chance of winning their second African Cup of Nations.
In a game of high drama, both teams missed penalties within a few minutes of each other in regulation time at the 30 June Stadium in Cairo.
"I do not know exactly the seriousness of my injury".
The first semi-final has been decided and its Senegal who are through to the finals on Sunday. We beat them 3-1 (in Uyo) and they made lots of individual errors and defensives mistakes that made it easier for us to win.
Algeria started brightly dictating the tempo and they should have taken the lead as early as the eighth minute after Daniel Akpeyi fumbled a cross from the right, but Baghdad Bounedjah could not convert in front of an open goal. "Even the defeat helped us to be more humble and sometimes it is good also".
"One thing my coach (Gernot Rohr) has always said over and over again is no fouls especially around the box".
"After three hard matches in the first round, we gained momentum in the knockout stages".
The two nations have previously met 8 times with two wins for either and the rest stalemates. That said, the Desert Foxes emerged victorious during their last meeting with Nigeria - a rare 3-0 win in World Cup qualifiers back in November 2017, which ended a 27-year winless streak against the West African side. "Hopefully we can go further and reach the final of the African competition".
"For long time now I've been dreaming of winning this very important title with my team". Algerian's impressive Adam Ounas and his Nigerian counterpart Odion Ighalo are joint-scorers and potential match winners for their respective teams.
- Rohit Sharma stands firm on top despite India's exit from World Cup
- Microsoft Tests Windows 10 Passwordless Logins With New Fast Ring Insider Build
- NY power outages darkens homes, streets and subway stations
- Wall Street set to open higher on rate cut optimism
- Ed Sheeran reveals he married to Cherry Seaborn
- Klopp: Rhian Brewster will play an 'important role' for Liverpool this season
- Antoine Griezmann: FC Barcelona sign French striker for €120 million
- Galaxy Watch Active 2 leaked official renders confirm design changes
- Telford Conservative chairwoman backing Boris Johnson as PM
- Man United Standing Firm As Pogba In Contention For Big Squad Role