After Mahrez's goal, they've got a chance of winning their second African Cup of Nations.
In a game of high drama, both teams missed penalties within a few minutes of each other in regulation time at the 30 June Stadium in Cairo.
"I do not know exactly the seriousness of my injury".
The first semi-final has been decided and its Senegal who are through to the finals on Sunday. We beat them 3-1 (in Uyo) and they made lots of individual errors and defensives mistakes that made it easier for us to win.
Algeria started brightly dictating the tempo and they should have taken the lead as early as the eighth minute after Daniel Akpeyi fumbled a cross from the right, but Baghdad Bounedjah could not convert in front of an open goal. "Even the defeat helped us to be more humble and sometimes it is good also".
"One thing my coach (Gernot Rohr) has always said over and over again is no fouls especially around the box".
"After three hard matches in the first round, we gained momentum in the knockout stages".
The two nations have previously met 8 times with two wins for either and the rest stalemates. That said, the Desert Foxes emerged victorious during their last meeting with Nigeria - a rare 3-0 win in World Cup qualifiers back in November 2017, which ended a 27-year winless streak against the West African side. "Hopefully we can go further and reach the final of the African competition".
"For long time now I've been dreaming of winning this very important title with my team". Algerian's impressive Adam Ounas and his Nigerian counterpart Odion Ighalo are joint-scorers and potential match winners for their respective teams.
- Rohit Sharma stands firm on top despite India's exit from World Cup
- Telford Conservative chairwoman backing Boris Johnson as PM
- Roger Federer on Playing Novak Djokovic Next: "Novak Hits Flat Shots"
- Antoine Griezmann: FC Barcelona sign French striker for €120 million
- World, Meet the Samsung Galaxy Note 10
- Dallas police plan press conference about missing 18-month-old
- President Trump is not a fan of Bitcoin or other cryptos
- India set to launch Moon rover and orbiter
- ‘Never played better’: Halep leaves beaten Serena ‘like deer in headlights’
- Wall Street set to open higher on rate cut optimism