I don't think there will ever be a better game in cricket than that.
It will take years for it to sink in.
The win is England's first major men's World Cup win on home soil since the 1966 football World Cup. After a lifetime in cricket I have never witnessed such incredible drama. "There was no chance I wasn't going to bat in that Super Over".
Winning the World Cup will live with these England players forever.
The final clash with New Zealand was so close it went to a super over tie-break between the two sides. "Martin's run out of Dhoni was a significant turning point of the match", the New Zealand skipper continued.
Then came a dream Test debut, against England at Lord's in 2015, when he finished with six wickets in a memorable opening match.
The World Cup 2019 finals will take place between England and New Zealand.
England have won a dramatic ICC Cricket World Cup final after beating New Zealand in a super over.
England scored 14 in the last over but Mark Wood was run out seeking the second run that would have won it for the hosts.
"I'm pretty lost for words". The final match between the two teams turned out to be quite interesting. But their cricketing rivalry - the sport is the most popular in both countries, spectacularly so in India - was played out with passionate grace in the early stages of the tournament, no matter how great the sporting stakes.
England started their innings with confidence, if lacking some of the swagger that they showed against Australia in their semi-final. "Credit to England for the way they stuck at it", New Zealand's Neesham said.
Martin Guptill's horror tournament continued when he was well caught at second slip by India captain Virat Kohli off Bumrah for a single, and New Zealand's 10-over score was 27 for one - the lowest powerplay score in this World Cup.
Pacemen Jofra Archer and Chris Woakes destroyed the top order, leg-spinner Adil Rashid chipped in and the dynamic duo of Jason Roy and Jonny Bairstow launched the run chase with another blistering century partnership. It was a success that ultimately came down to team spirit, to togetherness. To play a World Cup final in front of friends and families, it was huge. It also exemplified a whole so much greater than the sum of its disparate parts. Which in this case translates as: What a joy to behold.
- Wall St set to open higher after rally on Powell's dovish remarks
- Man United Standing Firm As Pogba In Contention For Big Squad Role
- Trump Fires Off Tweetstorm On How Great He Is
- Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton arrive at Wimbledon to watch ladies final
- World, Meet the Samsung Galaxy Note 10
- Prime Day and Whole Foods: What you should know
- People are listening to your Google Assistant queries — Surprise
- Klopp: Rhian Brewster will play an 'important role' for Liverpool this season
- Antoine Griezmann: FC Barcelona sign French striker for €120 million
- British US ambassador Darroch resigns over emails criticising Trump