He hoped for the speedy recovery of the injured. "The team is carrying equipment on foot", he said.
Hours later, Vinod Ghosalkar, chief of the MHADA fix board, denied that the agency owned the building. "Despite these tragedies, no steps have been taken by the BMC to demolish the buildings declared "dangerous" in the past six years", Sheikh said.
Mumbai mayor Vishwanath Mahadeshwar said he has asked the municipal commissioner to launch a probe in the incident. They lived in a joint family.
Locals said at least 12-15 families buried under the rubble are awaiting help. Till now 4 people have been rescued from the collapse site. The letter shows that the building was classified as "C1" and the municipal body had asked the building to be evacuated for demolition objective. "This office has received the audit report from the said trust dtd".
Ambulances and fire trucks have been forced to park some distance away as the lane leading to the building is too narrow for them to enter. Rescue and relief operation is our priority. Narrow roads, huge crowds and thickly populated areas hampered rescue operations. Schools, offices, hospitals are in the vicinity, which is a boon in a city like Mumbai. It was Kesarbai building in Dongri which is a four-floor structure. As per primary estimates, 11 families are staying in that building and women and children are there among those feared trapped.
Local MLA Varis Pathan accused the authorities of neglecting the old dilapidated buildings. "Investigation will be done", he said. Prayers for people trapped in the debris. According to early estimates 40-50 people are trapped inside the debris. The authorities from the National Disaster Response Force claimed that this incident was Level 2 destruction while obviously Level 1 is more serious and devastated.
Collapse of a building in Mumbai's Dongri is anguishing.
Building collapse during the monsoon season are quite common in India.
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Turkey Gets First Shipment Of Russian Missile Defense System
- Djokovic vows to win fans' love with Federer record in view
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle share sweetest moment together at Wimbledon
- Trump to speak to conservatives at social media summit
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?
- UK Envoy Said Trump Ditched Iran Deal to Spite Obama
- Williamson hails NZ after World Cup stunner
- Simona Halep beats Serena Williams for Wimbledon title