But at the moment, it's only gossip!
Harry Styles at the 2019 Met Gala in NY.
No word yet on when The Little Mermaid could be released, but Disney expects to begin production sometime next year. But reports say actors like Melissa McCarthy, Jacob Tremblay and Awkwafina are all in talks to join the live-action movie. Again, this has not been confirmed!
Harry Styles might best be known as a singer and former member of One Direction, but that does not mean that he could not be a great Prince Eric. Share your thoughts in the comments section below. Should he be chosen, he'll star alongside Halle Bailey, who has been cast as Ariel.
Grammy-nominated singer and Grownish actress Halle Bailey will officially star as Ariel in Disney's live-action adaptation of The Little Mermaid. More recently, he was one of several actors up for the Elvis biopic at Warner Bros., a part which ultimately went to Austin Butler. Rob Marshall is directing the live-action/CGI feature from a script written by David Magee. Others attached to the project are Marc Platt (producer), John DeLuca (producer) and Alan Menken (who is working on the music aspect of the film). She then makes a deal with the witch Ursula to exchange her voice with the witch's legs.
- Aftermath of deadly Somalia hotel siege
- Barry dumping more rain as flood worries continue
- Biden Jokingly Challenges Trump to Push-up Challenge
- A Republican immigrant from Jamaica is running against Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle share sweetest moment together at Wimbledon
- Amazon Prime Day 2019: All the best deals on headphones and speakers
- EUR/GBP Surges to 6-month highs amid no-deal brexit fears
- TAIKA WAITITI Returns for THOR 4, AKIRA On Hold
- Leading healthy lifestyle most effective way to prevent dementia
- Trump to speak to conservatives at social media summit