But at the moment, it's only gossip!
Harry Styles at the 2019 Met Gala in NY.
No word yet on when The Little Mermaid could be released, but Disney expects to begin production sometime next year. But reports say actors like Melissa McCarthy, Jacob Tremblay and Awkwafina are all in talks to join the live-action movie. Again, this has not been confirmed!
Harry Styles might best be known as a singer and former member of One Direction, but that does not mean that he could not be a great Prince Eric. Share your thoughts in the comments section below. Should he be chosen, he'll star alongside Halle Bailey, who has been cast as Ariel.
Grammy-nominated singer and Grownish actress Halle Bailey will officially star as Ariel in Disney's live-action adaptation of The Little Mermaid. More recently, he was one of several actors up for the Elvis biopic at Warner Bros., a part which ultimately went to Austin Butler. Rob Marshall is directing the live-action/CGI feature from a script written by David Magee. Others attached to the project are Marc Platt (producer), John DeLuca (producer) and Alan Menken (who is working on the music aspect of the film). She then makes a deal with the witch Ursula to exchange her voice with the witch's legs.
- Biden Jokingly Challenges Trump to Push-up Challenge
- Apollo 11 astronaut returns to launch pad
- Fantastic last minute Amazon Prime Day Deals
- TAIKA WAITITI Returns for THOR 4, AKIRA On Hold
- Extreme heat arrives Wednesday
- Jeffrey Epstein 'abused a woman while on work release' claims lawyer
- Huawei plans extensive layoffs at its US operations
- Amazon Prime Day 2019: All the best deals on headphones and speakers
- Turkey Gets First Shipment Of Russian Missile Defense System
- Empty Promises? Ursula Von Der Leyen Would Support Brexit Extension