Now, the trending #AgeChallenge urged people to use the ageing filter to showcase how'd they probably look in 30-40 years' time, and just like it happens sometimes, social media feeds across the globe got swarmed with wrinkly and wiser versions of your friends, acquaintances, and next of kin.
This means that if you use the app, you give them a rights free licence to use your photos with terms stipulated in the document and you won't be paid for it.
As spotted by Twitter user Elizabeth Potts Weinstein, the license terms of the app state that the old-age filter app use grants its developers the right to use your selfies, name, likeness for any goal, voice, or persona for commercial purposes.
To save it, hit "Apply" and then hit the little download arrow in the top corner to save it to your phone and share it on social media.
Sonam Kapoor recently shared a picture of her in an old-age look.
According to TechCrunch, the app can not see your entire photo library unless you give it permission, even if you are still able to edit photos - at least on iOS. UK, there could be more to the FaceApp than meets the eye.
A viral tweet has reportedly claimed when users open FaceApp, photos start being uploaded onto the internet.
A person uses their cell phone in this undated stock image.
Goncharov said his company did not sell or share any user data with any third parties, and that most features were available without logging in - meaning the app does not have a large amount of data it can sell on individual users. FaceApp also says it can't guarantee your data or information is secure. "We never transfer any other images", the statement added.
He said the app does upload selected images to the cloud for editing and may store them there to speed up processing, but that most photos are deleted from the servers within 48 hours.
The app has access to one's camera, making it easy for hackers to create a database for users all over the world and possibly engage in malicious online practice.
- Case of Ebola confirmed in Congo city of Goma
- Huawei plans extensive layoffs at its US operations
- European Union works to save unraveling nuclear agreement with Iran
- Empty Promises? Ursula Von Der Leyen Would Support Brexit Extension
- Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle share sweetest moment together at Wimbledon
- Apollo 11 astronaut returns to launch pad
- Leading healthy lifestyle most effective way to prevent dementia
- Boundary rule furore overshadows England’s World Cup win
- UK Envoy Said Trump Ditched Iran Deal to Spite Obama
- Simona Halep beats Serena Williams for Wimbledon title