After several months of speculation, the 19-year-old has finally completed a big-money move to the Serie A champions.
However, Matthijs de Ligt admitted: "It was a hard decision".
Ajax knew they faced a battle to keep hold of him this summer and following his departure, they've released a video celebrating De Ligt's journey at the club.
The Dutchman's impressive performances at the heart of the Ajax defense last season earmarked the teenager as one of the best defensive prospects in a generation, something that Ronaldo himself noted when he faced De Ligt on three occasions - one of which was when De Ligt scored the victor after Ronaldo had opened the scoring in the Champions League quarterfinal second leg at the Juventus Stadium.
The Catalan giants were involved in negotiations with the Dutch club, but never received the final okay from the player himself, something which agent Mino Raiola confirmed. - Ageing defence - The Turin-based club, now coached by former Chelsea mentor Maurizio Sarri, were keen to bring new blood into an ageing defence that features 34-year-old Giorgio Chiellini and Leonardo Bonucci, 32.
Although there wasn't anything relevant coming from the Mexican media today, the news from the Netherlands says the player could be moving to the Eredivisie.
He was also a member of the Ajax team that lost to Manchester United in the final of the Europa League in 2017.
De Ligt previously stated that the two Juve centre-backs were two examples to him, before hinting that the deal was possible this summer.
Premier League champions Manchester City bought Spain worldwide Rodri for a club record 70 million euros (£63 million).
United will reportedly pay more to sign Maguire from Leicester, and Spector thinks the Red Devils are not getting the best possible deal.
- Nintendo Unveils New Switch with Up to 9 Hours of Battery Life
- European Union works to save unraveling nuclear agreement with Iran
- This is how to get that filter making everyone look old
- EUR/GBP Surges to 6-month highs amid no-deal brexit fears
- Nigeria beat Tunisia 1-0, win AFCON bronze
- United Nations refugee agency 'deeply concerned' about USA asylum curbs
- TAIKA WAITITI Returns for THOR 4, AKIRA On Hold
- Harry Styles Prince Eric
- Boundary rule furore overshadows England’s World Cup win
- BTS look at 'Cats' will have musical lovers all kinds of excited