It releases in theaters on June 26, 2020.
Today is a great day for the United States Navy and for the United States of America: The "Top Gun: Maverick" trailer premiered at Comic-Con in San Diego, and now we're able to share it with you. "I wanted to give you an experience of being inside that aircraft".
The action movie sequel - set to be released 34 years after the 1986 original - sees Cruise reprising his role as Pete "Maverick" Mitchell.
He continued, "You've all asked for many, many years asking, 'Why don't you do another one? And I felt it was my responsibility to finally really deliver for you".
The trailer paints Maverick as something of a dinosaur, unwilling to progress up the ranks and, according to his senior, played by Ed Harris, facing "extinction". Basically get your memberberries out because you're going to be "membering" a whole bunch of stuff from the first film.
Scott died in 2012, but there's another familiar face besides Cruise associated with the sequel.
Top Gun: Maverick shows the actor as a flight instructor at the Top Gun school and guides his former flying partner's son Goose as a pilot.
Top Gun: Maverick will be directed by Joseph Kosinski, and alongside Cruise and Harris will star Jennifer Connelly, Jon Hamm, Val Kilmer, and Miles Teller. The new Sony VENICE CineAlta is a full-frame, 36x24mm digital video camera that shoots at a maximum resolution of 6048×4032 and can be modified to shoot at even higher quality resolution.
"We're shooting the movie in, I think, 6K", Hamm added. Well, you've been very patient with me.
- Prosecutors drop groping charges against Kevin Spacey
- Kellyanne Conway Does Her Best Trump Impression
- United Nations refugee agency 'deeply concerned' about USA asylum curbs
- Extreme heat arrives Wednesday
- Nigeria beat Tunisia 1-0, win AFCON bronze
- Ajax's De Ligt signs for Juventus
- Fantastic last minute Amazon Prime Day Deals
- Tiger Woods Had Brutally Honest Comment After His Opening Round
- A Republican immigrant from Jamaica is running against Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- European Union works to save unraveling nuclear agreement with Iran