Following the massively attended Terminator conference, Tom Cruise, star of the original film, took the stage at Comic-Con's Hall H to host an unexpected Top Gun: Maverick panel. It just so happens that this aspiring airman is also the son of Maverick's close friend Goose, who met his untimely end in the original film. And those aerial shots? Meanwhile, other new cast members include Jennifer Connelly, Jon Hamm, Ed Harris, Glen Powell, Lewis Pullman, and Jean Louisa Kelly.
Maverick, Ice Man and the gang are back in "Top Gun: Maverick", and fans in San Diego couldn't be more excited. Cruise, who essayed the character of a hot-shot military cadet trying to outperform his late father's achievements in "Top Gun" has once again managed to impress his fans with the sequel whose trailer is sure to remind you of the original movie. This is a film with aviator glasses, all sorts of competition, lots of memories. "We're going to have big, fast machines".
The primary full trailer of Tom Cruise starrer Prime Gun: Maverick is out and it guarantees an exciting experience with Hollywood's largest star. Her character will reportedly own a local bar in the film. "Those guys are really up in planes and getting thrown around in multiple Gs". Can someone say "drone warfare?"
"Part of making this film was I really wanted to shoot it practical, we were working with the Navy, the greatest fighter pilots in the world, and we had to figure out how to get the cameras in there", the 57-year-old continued.
Oblivion helmer Joe Kosinski is directing the film, a sequel to 1986's Top Gun, from a script by Peter Craig, Justin Marks and Eric Warren Singer. It appears to have all the elements that made the first Top Gun so successful-a not-quite-anti-hero continuing to be a thorn in the side of his authority figures until, of course, they need him.
- McIlroy: Open's return to Northern Ireland 'bigger than me'
- Empty Promises? Ursula Von Der Leyen Would Support Brexit Extension
- Lunar eclipse marks Moon landing’s 50th anniversary
- Boundary rule furore overshadows England’s World Cup win
- Privacy concerns raised about viral ageing app FaceApp
- Trump doesn't see sanctions 'right now' on Turkey
- Tom Cruise, Miles Teller Star in TOP GUN: MAVERICK
- Iran Guards say they have seized a 'foreign tanker'
- Boris Johnson, the UK's likely next leader, calls Trump's tweets 'totally unacceptable'
- Tiger Woods Had Brutally Honest Comment After His Opening Round