President Donald Trump appeared on stage at a Turning Point USA student summit in front of an altered presidential seal featuring symbols representing Russian Federation and golf, Yahoo Finance reports.
As of Wednesday morning, it was still unclear who was behind the fake seal that appeared for the 80 minutes that Trump spoke at the conservative group Turning Point USA's student summit at the Marriot Marquis in Washington, D.C. It also had a sickle and hammer, traditionally Communist symbols, as well set of golf clubs in the eagle's talons instead of the 13 arrows of the true seal.
Whoever beamed a fake presidential seal on the wall behind Trump at a recent event - a seal remade with golf clubs and Russia's two-headed eagle - is a hero and should be rewarded. "I can't figure out who did it yet", the spokesman said, adding that he didn't know where the image had come from.
"Somewhere there was a breakdown".
"We never saw the seal in question before it appeared in the video".
He said the team included both Turning Point USA and hotel staff. "I hadn't even thought about it for over a year". He called the incident a last-minute oversight, the result of a quick online search to find a second high-resolution photo of the presidential seal to place behind Trump. Another distinctive feature was that the eagle was double-headed, although interpretations as to what the author of the image meant to say by this differ.
"With the pressure of the event, [they] didn't notice that it is a doctored seal". It closely resembles the bird on the Russian coat of arms and also appears on the flags of Serbia, Albania and Montenegro.
A spokesperson for TPUSA said they weren't sure how the mix-up occurred.
Richard Painter, a former chief White House ethics lawyer, called the incident "careless". It appeared as the president emerged onstage.
According to the Washington Post, by October 2018 Mr Trump had visited his golf course in Virginia more than 40 times since taking office and has visited his private club in Bedminster, New Jersey on 70 separate occasions.
The Huffington Post noted in May that Trump has spent more than double the days golfing that Obama did by this point in his White House tenure, and that this activity has cost taxpayers over $102 million.
Turning Point USA was previously best known as the group that encouraged college students to dress up in diapers to own the libs. "I just think Putin would probably approve".
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Chelsea clinch 2-1 win over Barca in Japan friendly
- ‘Like tears in rain’: Blade Runner star Rutger Hauer dies at 75
- James Cameron Congratulates Marvel as Avengers: Endgame Takes Box Office Record
- Seagull demonstrates how powerful new Overwatch hero Sigma can be - Page 35217
- Hollioake champions Roy for Ashes and urges Root to step up
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Note 10+ full specifications and renders appear
- Prince George's sixth birthday photos are just as adorable as you'd expect
- Taylor Swift’s "The Archer" Received Some Opening Day Pop Radio Spins