France worldwide Lacazette suffered a knock during the early exchanges and was withdrawn after just 13 minutes, as things got off to a poor start for Unai Emery.
"It's in his ankle", Emery said of Lacazette's injury after he was replaced by Reiss Nelson less than 15 minutes into the friendly clash.
"We want the best players possible for the first game at Newcastle".
Saliba, when he does return next summer, is one of the most promising centre-backs in France, but for the next 12 months Arsenal are running the risk of falling short in achieving their seasonal goal without investment at the back.
Eddie Nketiah has largely stolen the headlines for his goalscoring prowess in pre-season, but one youngster who has arguably outshone the Lewisham marksman is Joe Willock, with the teenage attacking midfielder impressing every time he takes to the pitch.
"He's probably too young for that yet, as I said, we need to protect our young talent".
Lyon's Marcal (left) and Arsenal's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (right) battle for the ball during the Emirates Cup match at the Emirates Stadium, London.
The club and both players insisted they were fine following an attempted car-jacking - but PA understands Emery spoke to them ahead of the game and decided not to involve them.
Pepe's a very good player.
"We are going to see each day".
"Again, we really want players who make the squad better than past year", Emery added.
The Premier League is world-renowned for high quality matches and its plethora of world-class players.
Arsenal are the frontrunners in the race to sign Lille winger Nicolas Pepe after becoming the fifth club to agree a fee of €80 million to be paid over five years with the Ligue 1 side, according to ESPN FC sources.
- Duke and Duchess of Sussex reveal rules for neighbours
- Google launches Gallery Go
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Note 10+ full specifications and renders appear
- Juan Mata wants "good influence" Pogba to stay at Old Trafford
- China's Defense Ministry Says US Undermining Global Strategic Stability
- Tesla posts more losses despite record deliveries
- Trump Threatens Retaliation Over France's Digital Tax
- Highest ranking House Democrat yet calls for impeachment of Trump
- Imran returns home exulting after US trip
- Rakitic: "My plan is to stay but I'm open to anything"