"Like all of our products, the new Mac Pro is designed and engineered in California and includes components from several countries including the United States". Filings posted by the Office of U.S. Trade Representative did not specifically name the Mac Pro, but the product features match the soon-to-come computer.
In its note to US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer, Apple said higher tariffs would be disastrous for its products such as iPhones, iPad tablets, Mac computers, AirPod wireless headphones and Apple TV media streaming devices, reported Efe. And that's bad news for all of us as Apple customers. The requests were posted July 18 and then became subject to a public comment period. The previous model was assembled in Texas and was the first major Apple hardware that was manufactured in the US. "If it does not want to pass the cost of tariffs onto the consumer, Apple can hold its prices constant". Trump had encouraged Apple CEO Tim Cook to move operations to the US, Larry Kudlow, Trump's chief economic adviser (CEA), told media on Friday at White House. Apple earlier had products spared from duties, including the Apple Watch and AirPods earphones, while the iPhone, the company's core product, hasn't yet been significantly affected. Trump said on Twitter. "Make them in the United States of America, no Tariffs!", he tweeted on Friday. Those additional tariffs haven't been imposed yet. It also said the component "is not strategically important or related to "Made in China 2025" or other Chinese industrial programs". If you recall, a New York Times piece revealed that production in Texas was plagued by even simple problems, with an insufficient supply of screws being a prime example.
- Russia's Navalny has severe allergic reaction
- CA Judge Blocks Trump's Asylum Ban, Calling It 'Arbitrary And Capricious'
- Prevention is better than cure - get tested for hepatitis
- USA government orders first federal executions since 2003
- Concern for Arsenal as Alexandre Lacazette limps out of Lyon clash
- Oppo shows off new edgeless "waterfall screen"
- Duke and Duchess of Sussex reveal rules for neighbours
- Highest ranking House Democrat yet calls for impeachment of Trump
- Hundreds rescued after India train trapped by monsoon floodwaters
- High court allows use of Pentagon funds for border wall