The 30-year-old is set to earn himself an improvement on his current £600,000-a-week contract at Real Madrid.
"Gareth is one of the best players on the planet".
Whenever Real coach Zinedine Zidane has spoken about Bale or the Welsh international's future at the club, it has been with brutal bluntness.
Playing under a coach that wants him gone and for an owner that won't let him leave, Real Madrid star Gareth Bale could be about to embark on a lengthy spell in limbo. "It would be best for everyone". "I know it is hard, we are coming off a tough season and Madridistas might not think it but we have a great team".
The embattled Bale has dealt with injury problems, which only saw him make 79 league starts in the past four seasons.
Other clubs could be interested in Bale for next season, but the Welshman reportedly doesn't want to take a salary cut and no club will match the €17 million/year contract he has with Madrid while also paying a transfer fee.
The BBC also reported the forward's transfer had been cancelled, but not by the family but the La Liga giants themselves.
Barnett ruled out the possibility of a loan switch for Bale, who has been linked with Manchester United, Inter, Bayern Munich and former club Tottenham since it became clear he was available. Real have already spent close to £300m on recruits this summer but they must balance the books with player sales if they are to finance a move for the France midfielder who will cost in excess of £100m.
Rakitic scored five goals and created 10 assists for Barca last season, as Ernesto Valverde's side won another Spanish title and reached the Champions League semi-finals. It has been reported by The Telegraph that the transfer was called off due to Madrid demanding a transfer fee for the player.
However, it seems that Real have performed a dramatic U-turn and blocked the transfer.
- Prevention is better than cure - get tested for hepatitis
- Apple is acquiring majority of Intel's smartphone modem business
- Defeated Thomas still believes he can win another Tour
- Trump says Apple won't get China tariff relief
- WhatsApp buiding desktop version that can be used without phone
- Trump Labels Elijah Cummings 'Racist'
- USA government orders first federal executions since 2003
- Rays to acquire Eric Sogard from Blue Jays
- Tyson Fury 'snubs' brother Tommy Fury in Love Island villa
- Amazon Announces Q2 Earnings Of $2.63B