Arsenal broke their transfer record to sign Ivory Coast global Pepe after an impressive campaign to Lille last time out.
Since Nicolas Pepe is from a French speaking country, it wasn't a surprise that he would have to first be associated with the likes of Matteo Guendouzi and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang as they also speak the same language.
Along with Elneny, the likes of Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Carl Jenkinson have also been linked with moves away and between the trio Arsenal would expect to recoup around half of what they paid for Pepe.
If both Mustafi and Koscielny leave then Emery will definitely need to sign a top class centre-back before the window closes so it's going to be interesting to see who we go for.
"He will add pace, power and creativity, with the aim of bringing more goals to our team".
He boasts the ability to take the Premier League by storm and is clearly delighted to have got his man.
Pepe could help fire Arsenal into the Premier League's top four next season, especially for how many goals he was involved in last season.
Arsenal fans reckon even Arsene Wenger was in on the Nicolas Pepe pursuit!
The Ivorian forward, after his recent move to Arsenal, spoke about who according to him is the best player in the world.
"Wilf came out of my academy and part of the group of players I produced, who made his debut just after I left and he is a prestigious talent".
A switch to Angers followed before he moved to the top flight with Lille in 2017 - scoring 35 league goals in his two seasons with last year's runners-up in the Ligue 1 title race.
- The Lion King raises a billion dollars worldwide
- Google Play Pass Subscription Service: Everything You Need to Know
- South Korea military exercises still on despite North's warnings
- British town evacuated as dam wall disintegrates
- Capital One reports massive data breach
- Biden's viral Democratic debate flub is Buttigieg's gain
- MediaTek launches Helio G90 series processors for gaming smartphones
- England seek a double as Australia eye Ashes history
- UK's Johnson promises Irish PM no physical border checks
- Trump blasts Cummings over 'stolen' money from Baltimore