Paris Saint-Germain wrapped up their first silverware of the season on Saturday as they beat Rennes to win the French Super Cup.
PSG have also won the last seven consecutive Trophees des Champions. The Frenchman claimed that he and Neymar have spoken and that he made it clear to Neymar he wishes for their playing relationship to continue.
The Ligue 1 champions face Rennes in China on Saturday, aiming to win the trophy for the seventh consecutive time. Two minutes later, Sarabia missed the chance to score as his attempt went off the bar.
As the game ticked towards the hour mark, Kylian Mbappe drew PSG level with his 101st goal in just 181 games in professional football.
And then, with 17 minutes left to play, Angel Di Maria stepped up to arrow a handsome free-kick into the top corner to win the trophy. The 27-year-old also did not reportedly join up with his PSG teammates for training, in the hope that he will be transferred soon, according to other sources.
Subscribe to Squawka's Youtube channel here.
As reported by Goal in November 2018, "Operation Neymar" had already begun in earnest and although there were doubts amongst the Barca board over the merits of bringing back the Brazilian, there is now universal agreement that the transfer would be a positive.
And the PSG players celebrated their success by posing for a team photo alongside the trophy, but Neymar was apparently getting in the way of the photo.
Neymar did not display a good form at PSG as it was full of injuries.Edmilson said although Neymar is a great player, he needs to have a good mindset.
Sky Sports News understands that Neymar has told PSG that he wants to leave the club. And it appears Neymar was eventually allowed to be part of the picture, though the Brazilian's face was obscured by his own baseball cap.
- Flash Flood Watch For Hawaii As Hurricane Erick Nears
- StormTeam 3: Here's what to "look" for in the Black Moon
- Portuguese Star To Join Manchester United After Super Cup
- USA interest rates cut for first time in decade
- Trump blasts Cummings over 'stolen' money from Baltimore
- Spoiler Discussion: Quentin Tarantino's Once Upon a Time In Hollywood
- Apple Tops Earnings Expectations And Raises Revenue Forecast
- Capital One reports massive data breach
- Netflix Drops Tense First Trailer for Martin Scorsese’s New Movie ‘The Irishman’
- Google Play Pass Subscription Service: Everything You Need to Know