The Brazilian, who was given extended leave after the Copa America, provided Pep Guardiola with a further boost as preparations for the new campaign ramped up.
- When does the transfer window close? "We have players who were injured coming back from injury so the squad is already bigger and better than last season".
"I'm completely happy about the full performance", Klopp said. In the second half they played more long balls and we didn't win the second balls.
It's not the first time City have refused to spend over their own evaluation of a target so it's no surprise to see them do the same with Maguire.
"The people say that "for the amount of the money the players win, for the amount of money the managers win, you have to play, play and play".
"Football-wise, the second half was just really, really good, the best way you can play against City". Always, at the beginning [of the season] they are contenders.
"I liked the game a lot".
"We will try everything".
"I can not be disappointed today. I think he will be OK". My team is not in doubt about being satisfied or whatever, to stop working or stop running.
"An incredible final from both sides, no team can dominate for 90 minutes".
"Look, we know we are a good team and we know we are here to stay". "But whether we won or whether we lost today, we weren't going to look too much into it. Now let's carry on".
That title race was only concluded on the last day of the season and required City to reel off a blistering sequence of victories to stop Liverpool, beaten just once all season in the league, winning their first English title since 1990.
"We don't have what he took. about the medicine", Pep Guardiola explained.
There is a huge caveat when comparing Liverpool's pre-season results to those of previous champions - summer warm-ups were a very different animal until a few years ago. They are a top-class team.
"At this level the difference is nothing: one penalty, one point". We had real good moments, in the last 15 minutes we were exhausted and they had chances to win the game.
- US Senate overwhelmingly approves budget deal despite deficit fears
- HK leader says city on brink as protesters unleash travel chaos
- Trump Floats Tying Immigration, 'Strong' Background Check Legislation Together
- Dwayne Johnson’s Fast & Furious Contract Says He Can’t Lose Any Fights
- Texas Walmart location of active shooting situation
- Travel yes, marry no - What Saudi women still can't do
- Dayton shooter killed nine, wounded dozens in less than a minute
- I want Neymar to stay with us: Mbappe
- Almost 90 protesters reported held in Moscow
- President Trump tweets support for "stronger background checks" following weekend's mass shootings