The two week long manhunt for Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky is over.
McLeod and Schmegelsky have been on the run for almost a month in connection with the killings of three people in northern British Columbia, including Chynna Noelle Deese of Charlotte and her boyfriend Lucas Fowler of Australia.
But no concrete trace of the pair was found in the difficult-to-search wildernesses of northern Manitoba until 2 August, when a "significantly damaged" small boat was found.
Despite an underwater search by its dive team, officers said nothing else was found.
The pair had been in the Manitoba wilderness for two weeks, after the Toyota RAV4 they had been driving was found burned near Gillam on July 22.
The bodies of Lucas Fowler and Chynna Deese were discovered beside their van on the Alaska Highway on July 15.
Lucas Fowler and Chynna Deese were murdered in Canada.
RCMP said on the weekend that a damaged aluminum boat was also discovered in the Gillam area.
RCMP had initially declared Mr. Schmegelsky and Mr. McLeod were missing after their pickup truck was found on fire outside Dease Lake.
RCMP say the bodies believed to be two British Columbia murder suspects have been found in northern Manitoba.
Police also identified the third victim as Leonard Dyck, 64, of Vancouver.
Police continue to monitor the region around Gillam, where eyewitnesses reported seeing the suspects last month.
An autopsy is being scheduled in Winnipeg, both to confirm the bodies' identities and shed light on the cause of death - about which no information was given on Wednesday.
She thanked all Canadians for remaining vigilant, particularly the communities of Gillam, Fox Lake Cree Nation, Ilford War Lake First Nation and York Landing in northern Manitoba. Still, she said RCMP were not giving up the hunt to find the suspects.
- Defoe strengthens Euros case
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- British Airways cabin 'filled with smoke'
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Meghan gets 38th birthday tributes from Harry, William and Kate Middleton
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Samsung's Galaxy Watch Active 2 brings ECG tracking and LTE connectivity
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- Thousands of Indians flee Kashmir after security advisory
- China reiterates support for Hong Kong's embattled leader