Despite Arsenal's lack of interest interest, Barca are still actively looking to place Coutinho in the Premier League before the transfer window closes in England this week.
According to the same story, FC Barcelona are prepared to loan out Coutinho despite spending £142m on the Brazilian playmaker in January 2018.
Start your day with Deadline Day Breakfast (6am) ahead of a special Good Morning Transfers show (9am), with Deadline Day - The Countdown (4pm) taking you to the 5pm deadline. "He's a splendid player, but we haven't talked about Coutinho at any time".
However, the sense he has never realised his full potential under Ernesto Valverde remains.
Coutinho joined the Nou Camp outfit after a drawn out transfer saga.
Coutinho was previously linked with Manchester United but that option closed when he was booed over his Liverpool connections by United fans when Barca played at Old Trafford in the Champions League last season.
The north London side have also signed Real Madrid midfielder Dani Ceballos on a season-long loan.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang looked to have teed himself and the Gunners up for the new Premier League season in style with a fine first-half goal but Barcelona pressed in search of an error that eventually arrived when Maitland-Niles put through his own net.
The Gunners have already spent a club-record £72million on winger Nicolas Pepe but L'Equipe claim manager Unai Emery will further add to his forward line with the capture of the unsettled Brazilian.
- Ending J&K’s special status will ‘exacerbate human rights situation’, says United Nations agency
- Nick Kyrgios WINS the Citi Open in Washington after beating Daniil Medvedev
- Trump in OH to begin day of mass shooting site visits
- Thousands of Indians flee Kashmir after security advisory
- Meghan gets 38th birthday tributes from Harry, William and Kate Middleton
- British Airways cabin 'filled with smoke'
- Quoirins thank search parties for efforts to find Nora Anne
- Stocks on Wall Street fall 500 points amid recession fears
- When do the European summer 2019 windows close?
- Disney CEO Bob Iger Confirms Streaming Bundle Featuring Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+