Lukaku signed a five-year contract with the Nerazzuri after a two-season stay at Old Trafford, as Antonio Conte landed the striker he has long hoped to acquire.
Manchester United will turn their attention to appointing a technical director now their summer transfer window business is complete.
The 27-year-old only moved to west London two years ago in a £34m deal from Leicester City, but Drinkwater's only gone on to make 23 appearances across all competitions.
At 32, Mandzukic would have been a decent short-term option, but one that would best work if Man United actually had a designated out-and-out striker. "This happened close to the deadline day", he said.
Having fallen out of favour at Old Trafford under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, the Belgian is now set to spearhead a Nerazzurri side looking to unseat a Juventus outfit led by Cristiano Ronaldo as the champions of Serie A.
Lukaku has joined Inter Milan in a £72 million deal at the end of a week that saw the striker reprimanded for publishing confidential training data on Twitter and earn a fine from United for missing training on Wednesday.
The Premier League have introduced new a Video Assistant Referee system ahead of the new season.
United have failed to mount a sustained Premier League title challenge in the six seasons since Woodward replaced former chief executive David Gill.
On Friday Solskjaer dismissed the idea that United did bad business in the transfer market.
He did it in his first Manchester United season, when he scored 16, and added 12 last term.
Danny Drinkwater plans to put his Chelsea nightmare behind him after joining Burnley on a short-term loan deal.
Australia global midfielder Aaron Mooy moved from second-tier Huddersfield Town, who were relegated from the top flight last season, to Brighton & Hove Albion on a season-long loan.
- No basis for 'meaningful' UK Brexit talks — European Union officials
- Ending J&K’s special status will ‘exacerbate human rights situation’, says United Nations agency
- Isolated severe storms possible Wednesday
- British PM Boris Johnson urges lawmakers to back October 31 Brexit
- British Airways cabin 'filled with smoke'
- Tottenham favourites to sign Philippe Coutinho from Barcelona
- Tottenham Agree $78m Dybala Fee With Juventus
- Police believe they have found bodies of BC killings suspects
- Trump in OH to begin day of mass shooting site visits
- Chelsea Season Preview - Top 4 Finish or a Title Charge?