Now, though, the Oakland Raiders aren't looking so definite.
"Shortly thereafter, Brown stormed out of the facility in protest".
The star wide receiver instead had to pass the time introducing his new quarterback to his kids. Drama surrounding Brown shouldn't come as too much of a surprise. The rules state that helmets older than 10 years old can not be worn - star quarterbacks Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers are among those affected by the new enforcement - but Brown is apparently insisting on continuing to wear his decade-old model.
Let's take a look at the winners and losers of the first episode of Hard Knocks!
If this isn't resolved for the Raiders, it could be really bad.
Before Friday, Brown reportedly was idle at training camp and for the start of his first preseason with the Raiders due to a cryotherapy mishap. The last thing a young team needs is this kind of drama floating around. The Raiders knew what they were in for, but maybe not to this extent.
The unabashedly verbose Brown reportedly made his disdain for the new helmet known back in OTAs, per National Football League insider Michael Silver, which led to an early wedge being driven between the mercurial wideout and the coaching staff.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. Now, he's reporting that the two parties had a two-hour hearing today.
THREAD: 1) Even before suffering freaky injuries to his feet, Antonio Brown alarmed Raiders coaches and teammates by railing against the NFLs enhanced enforcement of helmet regulations, a policy change which will likely force the star receiver to switch to a new model.
- Chief apologizes after horseback officers lead man by rope
- British PM Boris Johnson urges lawmakers to back October 31 Brexit
- At some point US had to take on China: Donald Trump
- Disney CEO Bob Iger Confirms Streaming Bundle Featuring Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+
- Arsenal complete move for Celtic’s Kieran Tierney
- When do the European summer 2019 windows close?
- Trump in OH to begin day of mass shooting site visits
- British Airways cabin 'filled with smoke'
- Quoirins thank search parties for efforts to find Nora Anne
- Trump says US-S. Korea talks on defense payment begin