"He is a well-known player and adds to our defensive strength".
However, if the two clubs can not agree a fee early on Thursday morning, Arsenal may look to walk away from the deal to focus on other options. "For some players it is impossible to achieve that performance because they arrived late or are now training after being injured".
"We are not interested in selling any of our better players now", Lennon said.
The young left-back has played for Celtic 170 times across all competitions, scoring eight goals and has 12 Scotland caps to his name.
Manager Unai Emery says Arsenal can challenge for a top-four place in the Premier League despite admitting more players could leave before the European transfer deadlines.
But after being an unused substitute in last weekend's final pre-season friendly against Borussia Monchengladbach, he feared being only a bit-part player under new boss Frank Lampard.
Emery wants to include Luiz in his squad for Arsenal's first league game of the season against Newcastle on Sunday but must wait for global clearance.
Unai Emery is still open to selling players overseas this summer as Arsenal prepare to start the new Premier League season.
"We are going to start on Sunday and.it's the first way for us to achieve our targets and objectives to be in the top four, but we know it's going to be hard". I don't have numbers ones or twos.
"We have a big responsibility", said Emery.
Emery is the right man for the job.
Arsenal got to a winning start in the English Premier league thanks to a goal by Gabonese worldwide Pierre Emerick Aubameyang. "And I think the conclusion of that was that he moved on", Lampard told reporters yesterday.
Until Tierney is fit, Nacho Monreal and Sead Kolasinac will continue to battle it out for the left-back shirt but we should hopefully see David Luiz, Dani Ceballos and Nicolas Pepe feature in the squad against Newcastle. The board have trusted Emery with these new players, now Unai Emery needs to step up and show that he is the man to lead us forward.
- At some point US had to take on China: Donald Trump
- At least 50 killed in gas tank explosion in Tanzania
- Arsenal complete move for Celtic’s Kieran Tierney
- Everything You Need to Know About Microsoft and Samsung's Latest Partnership
- Raiders Hard Knocks: Winners and Losers from Episode 1
- Huawei unveils HarmonyOS as Android alternative
- Stocks on Wall Street fall 500 points amid recession fears
- U.N: Indigenous and women's rights can boost climate fight
- When do the European summer 2019 windows close?
- British PM Boris Johnson urges lawmakers to back October 31 Brexit