Milan-based Gazzetta Dello Sport reports that the player will earn 8.5 million euros a season at Inter, and claims that the club will pay United 65 million euros up front with a further 10 million in add-ons.
While that's solid for any old striker, it's not too impressive for one at Manchester United and one who cost big money.
Inter announced the arrived of Romelu Lukaku on Thursday with a video on the club's Twitter account in which the Belgium striker declares "Inter is not for everyone, that's why I'm here".
Manchester United are in talks with Roma over a season-long loan for midfielder Alexis Sanchez.
They have strengthened a squad that finished fourth in Serie A last season by signing veteran Uruguayan global defender Diego Godin and promising midfielder Nicolo Barella.
Antonio Conte had identified the 26-year-old as his main transfer target this summer and has finally got his man after missing out on the Belgian while in charge of Chelsea in 2017.
David Luiz trained separately from Chelsea's first team on Wednesday, with Arsenal understood to be pushing to sign the Brazil defender.
While Solskjaer suggested Lukaku's departure was inevitable, he will still be missed by United as no-one in the current squad comes close to matching his 42 goals in 96 appearances over the last two seasons.
"For me, I'm very confident that we'll get goals from [Anthony] Martial and [Marcus] Rashford, [Daniel] James will create, I'm sure Jesse Lingard will get more".
And Mason Greenwood's pathway would have been a lot more hard, of course, if we had another forward there.
"It left United with, I think, seven senior centre backs in their squad going into this season".
He was first-choice striker for the best part of 18 months under Jose Mourinho, scoring 16 Premier League goals in his first campaign, but the Portuguese coach's successor Ole Gunnar Solskjaer preferred the more mobile and agile Marcus Rashford to lead the line.
- Russia says five killed in mysterious rocket test accident
- Inter Milan back with improved offer for Romelu Lukaku
- Kieran Tierney to Arsenal — Twitter Reacts
- Frank Lampard reveals conversations with David Luiz
- Death toll from India floods rises to 95, hundreds of thousands evacuated
- Hong Kong police fire tear gas as protesters defy ban
- Bianca Andreescu reaches Rogers Cup final
- Everything You Need to Know About Microsoft and Samsung's Latest Partnership
- Arsenal complete move for Celtic’s Kieran Tierney
- Oil dips amid trade worries, Opec expectations cut more support