While she said then that marriage was not crucial in cementing her bonds with Hemsworth, 29, she admitted that she was looking for an anchor during a turbulent period that saw her Malibu home - which she shared with Hemsworth - destroyed in a fire. "They still remain dedicated parents to all of their animals", a representative for Cyrus was quoted as telling People. "I was taught to respect the planet and its process and I am committed to doing the same with my own".
Meanwhile, a source previously claimed Miley and Liam's split isn't "surprising" to friends as the pair - who got together in 2010 after shooting "The Last Song" together but split in 2013 before reconciling two years later - still had "a lot of issues" despite appearing to be ideal.
Miley and Liam called off their year-long engagement in 2013, but reunited and rekindled their romance in 2015.
They got married at her home in Franklin, Tennessee in front of a small group of close family and friends. It was just a very loving time together, they really got each others quirks.
Miley also stated that she was very much still attracted to women, and branded her marriage "confusing, complex and modern".
After a troll attempted to link Miley Cyrus' sexuality to her split from Liam Hemsworth, Halsey is swooping in to come to her defense! Cyrus and Carter have been holidaying in Italy with Cyrus's sister, Brandi, and look to be having a ball if their multiple social media posts are anything to go by.
While Carter wrote in the caption, "rock the boat, don't rock the boat baby ⚓️", her ex Jenner, 35, commented, "Hot girl summer". "They have both matured a lot, and it seemed like the flawless time for them to get married".
- Frank Lampard reveals conversations with David Luiz
- Bianca Andreescu reaches Rogers Cup final
- Kieran Tierney to Arsenal — Twitter Reacts
- Turkey, US agree to set up Syria safe zone operation centre
- Russia says five killed in mysterious rocket test accident
- Amit Shah carries out aerial survey in Karnataka, Maharashtra
- National Conference moves SC against Centre’s decision to scrap Article 370
- Oil dips amid trade worries, Opec expectations cut more support
- Hong Kong police fire tear gas as protesters defy ban
- At least 50 killed in gas tank explosion in Tanzania