In the process, he held off compatriot Patrick Cantlay and Japan's Hideki Matsuyama, the latter of whom shot a second 63 of the tournament to finish third on 20 under par, two shots behind Cantlay in second.
Scott played another fine round of 67 at Medinah today to finish inside the top 10 in the BMW Championship - his seventh top-10 finish of an excellent season - but left himself too much to do to break his winning drought. He was the only Canadian to advance to the Tour Championship. Fold in niche aspects like the World Long Drive Championships and college golf's East Lake Cup, and the fall features a wide-spectrum of events with GOLF Channel as the consistent home for golf fans. This moved Reed to even-par for the round.
The Fedex Cup victor earns $US 15 million. In all, their advanced computer model has nailed a whopping six majors entering the weekend, and anyone who has followed it is way up.
The win was Thomas' 10th career PGA Tour title and it came with some impressive shots.
Woods at least looked healthy for one of the few times since he won the Masters. He ended his season at No. 42 in the FedEx Cup standings.
Conners was the low Canadian at the event and is now 23rd in the FedEx Cup rankings. He was ranked No. 13 in the world at the end of last season. The round that had effectively secured a tenth PGA TOUR win for Thomas was scarcely less astonishing. Now armed with an Official World Golf Ranking of No. 2, Johnson's recent pedestrian play is the reason he is priced as high as he is.
However, Rose did not win any of last year's four Play-Off events, which maybe was the reason why the PGA Tour came up with this format.
The U.S. team for the Presidents Cup didn't change, with Bryson DeChambeau holding down the final spot. However, "JT" showed that he is a real champion, with nerves of steel: When the going got tough, he moved up a gear to sink one challenging putt after another, fending off the attacks with a dominant display. Ranked fifth in driving distance at 311.7 yards and fifth in total strokes gained at 1.670, Johnson is a threat to win every time he tees it up. Abraham Ancer (10th) will make his first Augusta appearance thanks in large part to last week's runner-up finish in New Jersey, while Sungjae Im went from 26th to 24th and will be the only rookie at the Tour Championship. Anyone who backs these underdogs could hit it big. Or perhaps brought professional tournament golf into disrepute!
On approaching the Playoffs: We've expanded on our collaborations with SKY, in order to help us elevate the FedExCup Playoffs in the USA and United Kingdom - the world's two largest golf markets.
- Stipe Miocic Knocks Out Daniel Cormier at UFC 241
- Leaked cabinet document lays out 'worst possible Brexit scenarios'
- US issues warrant to seize Iranian tanker off Gibraltar
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson' marries girlfriend of 12 years
- Miley Cyrus Drops Breakup Song 'Slide Away' After Liam Hemsworth Split
- North Korea fires projectiles, rejects South Korea's 'senseless' dialogue pledge
- Buying interest: Belongs to Greenland soon, US President Trump? View
- Trump official: Statue of Liberty’s poem is about Europeans
- Pritzker backs Planned Parenthood in pulling out of federal Title X program
- PBA head slams commissioner's decision; lawyer vows to fight Pantaleo firing