In June, Braun's Ithaca Holdings acquired Big Machine Records.
During their chat, Taylor opened up about re-recording her earlier tracks which were purchased out from under her earlier this year when the singer's old record company sold them to Scooter Braun.
In her Tumblr post last month, Swift wrote, "Hopefully, young artists or kids with musical dreams will read this and learn about how to better protect themselves in a negotiation".
"I'd buy all of the new versions just to prove a point", Clarkson said.
Taylor Swift and Scooter Braun.
CBS Sunday Morning previewed some of its interview with Swift on Wednesday (Aug 21).
That's right! On Wednesday night, the Grammy victor ordered 30 pizzas for her devotees waiting outside NYC's Central Park, and instructed members of her team - including her dad Scott Swift - to hand deliver them personally.
"She can't re-record because she's not contractually allowed to do so", the source said.
Swift's astronomic wealth and deep network in the music industry would also help, as she would need support from her past collaborators on songs to make them competitive with her original versions.
Taylor Swift will re-record her first six albums in an effort to regain music ownership over her entire discography.
In a clip released from an interview on the CBS Sunday Morning show, she was asked whether she planned to re-record the old material so she could own the rights to new versions.
Braun has not publicly responded to Swift, but Big Machine CEO Scott Borchetta posted a page on the Big Machine website titled "So, It's Time For Some Truth..." Swift's lawyer later clarified in a statement: "Scott Borchetta never gave Taylor Swift an opportunity to purchase her masters, or the label, outright with a check in the way he is now apparently doing for others".
- PBA head slams commissioner's decision; lawyer vows to fight Pantaleo firing
- Italy's prime minister Giuseppe Conte announces his resignation as political crisis deepens
- Pritzker backs Planned Parenthood in pulling out of federal Title X program
- Feds move to dismiss Jeffrey Epstein's sex-trafficking indictment
- Lightweight Google Go app launches worldwide
- Trump considers new tax cut to boost USA economy
- Huawei's 90-day reprieve expires today, so what now?
- India condemns Kabul bombing that killed over 60
- ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ Releasing an Extended Cut for Labor Day
- Iran warns US against seizing newly freed oil tanker