ESPN broke the news Saturday night that Luck would officially announce his retirement from the game at a news conference on Sunday. The next he was trying to avoid choking up as he stood before reporters to officially tell the football world he was done.
"Cannot wait to support him and see him lead this team", Luck said of Brissett. Not long afterward, this video surfaced of Luck getting booed while walking away from the game. "This is not an easy decision". This is the hardest decision of my life. I wonder how many will quietly admire him for his decision.
"I'd be lying if I said I didn't hear the reaction", he said. For him to be walking away from the National Football League at just 29 years old shows just how much pain he has been in - physical and mental.
"We have nothing but gratitude for him going to battle for us", said Irsay, according to Anne Marie Tiernon of WTHR. "Part of our heart is broken tonight".
Ultimately, we won't know how much of an effect this preseason's chain of events will have on the division until early January. Jacoby Brissett will be under center in 14 days when the Colts play the Chargers in Carson, California, and Colts brass effusively praised the 26-year-old as they prepare for Life After Luck. As the Cardinal quarterback, Luck took Stanford to three bowl appearances, including the 2011 Orange Bowl and the 2012 Fiesta Bowl.
"I'm in pain, I'm still in pain". This is clearly related to the numerous amount of injuries that Luck has had to deal with, including his calf strain/ankle injury that he has dealt with this year.
Two week ago, he said he first started thinking about retirement. "If he feels he wasn't there mentally - like he said - he needs to be able to step away". Not any negative emotional talks. "I think that's a thing we always have to balance and always have to weigh". He was going through the same process all the way from when he walked in the building. "You've still got to come work and play because you've got a job to do".
In Week 3 of the 2015 season, he also had a shoulder injury. It will give Colts fans a chance to make up with their former quarterback, who left Lucas Oil Stadium disappointed for more than one reason Saturday night.
- Klopp calls for Premier League transfer window 'review'
- Ms. Marvel Is Coming to Disney+!
- Disney Announces Obi-Wan Kenobi Star Wars Series with Ewan McGregor
- Questions on Prince Andrew ‘and three flights with Jeffrey Epstein’
- Devastating images show indigenous Amazon tribe's home wrecked by fire
- A record number of wildfires are burning in Brazil's Amazon rainforest
- Kim Kardashian shares first-ever photo with all four kids
- David Koch, billionaire and conservative activist, dead at 79
- China warns USA to stop wrong trade actions or face consequences
- Real Madrid growing increasingly confident of beating Barcelona to Neymar