"Not only have they blocked the entire communication systems used by common people since about the beginning of the month, but they have also gagged local reportage and news media without any formal declaration", Geelani said. However, the closed-door meeting of the UNSC council yielded no outcomes.
Kashmiri leaders and residents fear India's crackdown is an attempt by New Delhi to change the demography of the state, where some groups have been fighting Indian rule for either independence or unification with neighboring Pakistan. He questioned whether the world could remain quiet and keep pushing two parties to hold talks when one of them refuses to negotiate.
"The global community should continue putting pressure on India to foil its hegemonic intent to swallow the whole Kashmir", Alvi urged.
The report - by Stratfor, a geopolitical intelligence platform based in Austin, Texas - also disputes the classification of the Kashmir issue as India's "internal affair" or a "bilateral" issue between India and Pakistan.
Pakistan's Prime Minister Imran Khan responded on Twitter on Friday that such claims were being made to "divert attention" away from what he called human rights violations in Kashmir. "But Pakistan doesn't want to start a war", he added.
More than an individual, this award is for India's cultural ethos and is dedicated to 130 crore Indians.
A group of Indian opposition party leaders who had traveled from New Delhi to Indian-controlled Kashmir on Saturday were refused entry into the regional capital on Saturday.
Indian police and paramilitary soldiers reimposed restrictions on traffic in areas where they had been eased, putting steel barricades back up and laying razor wire across roads, bridges and intersections.
Meanwhile, China and Pakistan argue that it is an global issue, urging the United Nations to get involved.
He stressed that intensified Indian repression could result in massive loss of lives of Kashmiris, which must be prevented at all costs.
- Klopp calls for Premier League transfer window 'review'
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Ms. Marvel Is Coming to Disney+!
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?
- Most active Western Conference teams this offseason
- Smart money points to Trump charge
- Korea launches short-range missiles again, complicating USA attempts for talks
- Asia stocks shaky before Fed chief's speech as growth woes weigh
- Trump 'Orders' US Companies to Stop Manufacturing in China