"Star Wars" fans should be prepared to check their lightsabers when they board they board the Galactic Starcruiser - the Halcyon - which will be taking flight at the Walt Disney World Resort. The official name is the Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser Hotel, and it will be an adventure from the time you park your auto and blast off into space, till the time you touch down back on earth.
On Friday, we reported on Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, a brand-new experience coming to Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida.
You'll be able to explore the Halcyon and perhaps discover hidden spaces deep in the mechanics of the ship - flawless for uncovering secrets ... or holding secret meetings.
Now, when I say "launch" and "travel through space" that's just the illusion, obviously.
You'll get to operate the ship, and defenses as well as you interact with the crew and characters of the ship. Or you can take place in all manner of different activities to learn how to be a hero.
Every window in the Halcyon - including those in each cabin - has a view of the galaxy beyond, with ever-changing vistas as the ship progresses from place to place.
Previously-announced Marvel lands in Disney's California Adventure park and Disneyland Paris will be called "Avengers Campus" and "become part of an interconnected, global story" that also involves a third Marvel location at Hong Kong Disneyland. The area will also have a new pavilion that includes a three-level structure with plaza, middle, and top levels, described as having "one of the most remarkable architectural designs at any Disney park". We learned that Marvel would reunite Game of Thrones costars Richard Madden and Kit Harington in The Eternals, saw new footage from The Rise of Skywalker, and watched the first official trailer for The Mandalorian, a live-action Star Wars show debuting on Disney+ when the streaming platform goes live in November. Officially, all that was said was "Begin booking soon". Which makes sense. You have to think of the pricing like a cruise ship. Sunday's "Sneak Peek! Disney Parks, Experiences and Products" panel provided exclusive insight into what attendees can expect.
- Rory McIlroy wins $23.5 million prize in PGA Tour playoffs
- Colts will not recoup any money they are owed from Andrew Luck
- India’s Modi bars opposition from Kashmir visit
- Amazon fires: G7 countries pledge £18m to tackle blazes
- Real Madrid growing increasingly confident of beating Barcelona to Neymar
- Sri Lanka score 85/2 at stumps on day one against New Zealand
- Ming-Na Wen Joins Star Wars' The Mandalorian
- Kohli and Rahane secure big India lead on day three
- China hits out at 'bullying' U.S. over new tariffs
- Korea launches short-range missiles again, complicating USA attempts for talks