The movie's final trailer gives us a better look at Robert DeNiro's talk show host character Franklin; he'll prove far more important to the Joker's descent than we previously realized. Todd Phillips' Joker is about to change that and perhaps in big, glorious ways.
All of the information you need to see the premiere and official trailer for Joker can be seen below.
It looks like filmmaker Todd Phillips has pulled out all the stops to depict what causes a person to stumble, fall and crash after life deals a bad hand. Are you excited about the origin of Joker and Arthur Fleck's story into insanity?
We've come a long way from the first teaser trailer in April.
Joaquin brilliantly portrays puts on a happy face as he struggles with his negative thoughts. Joker Movie Trailer: Did You Spot "Batman" in Joaquin Phoenix's Film? Instead of an over-the-top portrayal like Cesar Romero or Jack Nicholson, Phoenix seems to be going for a subdued method. This should be an exciting performance to watch out for.
Writer-director Phillips said they didn't follow anything from the comic books.
I have to admit that even though I am intrigued about Joker, I do have some concerns. It's not necessarily based directly on any one comic story told before now. If Phoenix does win the Oscar for the film, he wouldn't be the first actor to win for playing the Joker.
"There's a connection, obviously, with the whole thing", De Niro says in a story with IndieWire. TIFF artistic director Cameron Bailey praised the film for its take on the well-worn comic book genre, comparing it to the works of Martin Scorsese. The film shows how the character slips towards insanity and how he fights against a cruel society.
Phoenix plays Arthur Miller, the average man who descends into madness after the world knocked him down one too many times. The film's impressive supporting cast includes Academy Award victor Robert De Niro as a talk-show host who plays a key role in Arthur's evolution into Joker, along with Deadpool 2 actress Zazie Beetz ("Deadpool 2") as Arthur's love interest.
- Real Madrid growing increasingly confident of beating Barcelona to Neymar
- Rory McIlroy wins $23.5 million prize in PGA Tour playoffs
- Challenging forecast for Dorian, Tropical Depression 6 forms
- China rotates new troops into Hong Kong amid mass protests
- Brazil rejects G7 emergency funds to fight Amazon fires
- Chelsea's first win is child's play for Lampard
- India’s Modi bars opposition from Kashmir visit
- Walsh on primary challenge: I'm sorry I helped elect Trump
- Colts will not recoup any money they are owed from Andrew Luck
- Ben Stokes inspires England to a miracle victory against Australia