This very fact has now led Matic to reconsider his future at the Old Trafford club.
Solskjaer has been tasked with steering Manchester United back into the top four this season after they finished sixth and without a trophy last term.
Now, many will be wondering where the creativity is in midfield, where the depth is in attack, and if United's defence has actually tightened up following two expensive summer arrivals.
After Jose Mourinho was sacked midway through the last season, the United board appointed club legend Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as the interim manager.
Solskjaer has started the season with Paul Pogba and Scott McTominay as his two central midfielders.
The report adds that Matic is anxious Solskjaer will only use him for Europa League and domestic cup games this season.
Manchester United have already played three games this season with all of them coming in the Premier League.
This is exactly what Solskjaer said would happen but that prescience doesn't necessarily mean he is the progressive visionary Manchester United need.
However, it's also highly likely that Sanchez will return to Old Trafford when the term of the agreement expires.
It will cost United £175,000 a week this season for Sanchez not to play for them.
Solskjaer's men resume their league campaign on Saturday with a trip to Southampton.
- China Blinks as Asian Markets Tank, Seeks 'Calm' End to Trade War
- US Open: Roger Federer enters at 19. US Open Neuland - view
- Amazon fires: G7 countries pledge £18m to tackle blazes
- Sri Lanka score 85/2 at stumps on day one against New Zealand
- Brazil rejects G7 emergency funds to fight Amazon fires
- China unaware of alleged phone calls with the US
- Google Play Store detects malware in Android App with 100 million downloads
- Korea launches short-range missiles again, complicating USA attempts for talks
- Messi Made Me Perform Stronger: Cristiano Ronaldo
- Kohli and Rahane secure big India lead on day three