Apple says that over the past year it piloted the program successfully with 20 businesses in North America, Asia, and Europe.
Some believe Apple may also announce new ceramic and titanium versions of the Apple Watch. The official launch event will kickstart from 10 am local time. But as always, a deluge of leaks and rumors have painted a strong picture of what to expect. The tag line for the event is "by innovation only".
However, the release notes for iOS 12.1, released on Tuesday, revealed Apple has brought the controversial feature to the iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus - which were released just a year ago.
Apple said the program, which should help ease heavy demand on Apple and its authorized partners to fix millions of cracked screens and fried charging ports, will launch in the United States before being rolled out to other countries. Although the Cupertino-based company might use the iPhone Pro moniker for the top two variants. The new program will encompass support for the most common iPhone issues seen in out-of-warranty devices.
Apple had always been the leader in mobile photography until Huawei pulled ahead a few years ago, and now there are several other Android phone makers like Google and Samsung that have better-rated cameras than Apple's most recent iPhones.
The iPhone XR is available in black, blue, coral, black, white and (product) red.
Apple Inc AAPL.O will host an event on September 10 at the Steve Jobs Theater in the company's Cupertino, California campus, where it is widely expected to unveil new iPhone models.
- Rory McIlroy wins $23.5 million prize in PGA Tour playoffs
- Colts fans boo Andrew Luck after learning of retirement
- Sri Lanka score 85/2 at stumps on day one against New Zealand
- Kylie Jenner's daughter Stormi is beyond adorable at dad Travis Scott's premiere
- India’s Modi bars opposition from Kashmir visit
- Brazil rejects G7 emergency funds to fight Amazon fires
- Colts will not recoup any money they are owed from Andrew Luck
- US Open: Roger Federer enters at 19. US Open Neuland - view
- Shawn Mendes apologises for old 'racially insensitive' tweets
- Walsh on primary challenge: I'm sorry I helped elect Trump