Misdemeanor started with her new release "Throw It Back" before rolling into a collection of "Get Ur Freak On", "Pass That Dutch", "Lose Control", and plenty more. The video for "You Need to Calm Down", a song in which Swift calls out homophobes and her own haters, featured a number of famous faces, including Ellen DeGeneres, Laverne Cox, RuPaul and the cast of "Queer Eye".
The "Juice" singer said that she was impressed by Rihanna's hilarious compliment.
In her speech before her performance, which saw the star and her twerking troupe dance in front of a giant booty inflatable, Lizzo said: "I'm exhausted of the bull**** and I don't have to know your story to know that you are exhausted of the bull**** too". But Taylor Swift dragged Donald Trump during her VMAs speech so that was pretty much the highlight of everything for us.
"I have worked diligently for over two decades". When she returned to accept her award, she was still wearing her long chain.
"Aaliyah, I love you".
The MTV Video Music Awards happened Monday night, and music's biggest stars all came out to the iconic event.
The Moroccan-born musician said he was proud to present the award as an immigrant, adding "I feel like we are the people that make this country, and I feel like I want to be the voice".
"In the chair, you would never know she's this huge superstar because she is so humble and down to earth". Billie Eilish was tapped as best new artist. Accompanied by dancers of color with full, real bodies, she took to the stage with a clear message for us all.
Mendes and Camila Cabello stoked reports that they are dating with a steamy live version of their romantic duet Senorita, which reached No. 1 this week on the Billboard singles charts. The "Old Town Road" singer and meme-lord himself won two awards last night for "Best Direction" and "Song of the Year".
- China rotates new troops into Hong Kong amid mass protests
- China Blinks as Asian Markets Tank, Seeks 'Calm' End to Trade War
- Good pitches key to Test cricket’s revival, says Sachin Tendulkar
- New Huawei phones can't use Google apps, report says
- Shawn Mendes apologises for old 'racially insensitive' tweets
- Challenging forecast for Dorian, Tropical Depression 6 forms
- Chelsea's first win is child's play for Lampard
- United and Inter 'agree' loan deal for Sanchez
- Jeffrey Epstein accuser urges Prince Andrew to "come clean"
- China unaware of alleged phone calls with the US