It's good. Individual I did very well.
"It's been a long road but that's part of my journey, it's part of who I am".
"I need to thank my team-mates, without them I would not have achieved what I have achieved".
When Virgil van Dijk was named UEFA Player of the Year earlier this week, the news was met with little surprise.
The two superstars were beaten to the main award as Virgil van Dijk picked up the Uefa Men's Player of the Year accolade.
It caps a wonderful year for the Netherlands captain, who lifted the Champions League trophy and also guided his country to the Nations League final.
During a candid conversation at the event Ronaldo opened up about his equation with Messi and what their rivalry has given to football and its fans all over the world.
You will recall that Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi were involved in tough rivalry in the Spanish La Liga for nearly 10 years before the Portuguese left Real Madrid for Juventus. It's great to be a part of the history of football.
"It was a special year.
I wouldn't have achieved what I have over the past year [without them], my family of course, it's been a long road but it's part of my journey, who I am", Van Dijk said.
Full-back Bronze won the Women's Champions League title with Lyon before helping England reach the women's World Cup semi-finals. We had an wonderful season, we won the treble.
It was nearly hard to imagine that the two were such great rivals during Ronaldo's nine years at Real Madrid and in the last decade of Ballon d'Or voting for the world's greatest player. We had a great summer and I don't think I would have won this award of it wasn't for them.
- Hurricane Dorian: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Category 4 storm heads towards Florida
- Hong Kong Democracy Activist Joshua Wong Granted Bail After Arrest
- Townsend extends US Open run as Coco-Osaka showdown looms
- Jeffrey Epstein accuser urges Prince Andrew to "come clean"
- Rahkeem Cornwall delighted to claim Pujara as first Test victim
- Health department weighs in on vaping hazards
- Texans trading Clowney to Seahawks
- Chinese Central Bank: China Will Not Launch A Cryptocurrency
- European Union insists Iran nuclear deal must be part of any future pact
- Trump Campaign Aide Hits Biden For Conflating War Hero Stories