It's good. Individual I did very well.
"It's been a long road but that's part of my journey, it's part of who I am".
"I need to thank my team-mates, without them I would not have achieved what I have achieved".
When Virgil van Dijk was named UEFA Player of the Year earlier this week, the news was met with little surprise.
The two superstars were beaten to the main award as Virgil van Dijk picked up the Uefa Men's Player of the Year accolade.
It caps a wonderful year for the Netherlands captain, who lifted the Champions League trophy and also guided his country to the Nations League final.
During a candid conversation at the event Ronaldo opened up about his equation with Messi and what their rivalry has given to football and its fans all over the world.
You will recall that Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi were involved in tough rivalry in the Spanish La Liga for nearly 10 years before the Portuguese left Real Madrid for Juventus. It's great to be a part of the history of football.
"It was a special year.
I wouldn't have achieved what I have over the past year [without them], my family of course, it's been a long road but it's part of my journey, who I am", Van Dijk said.
Full-back Bronze won the Women's Champions League title with Lyon before helping England reach the women's World Cup semi-finals. We had an wonderful season, we won the treble.
It was nearly hard to imagine that the two were such great rivals during Ronaldo's nine years at Real Madrid and in the last decade of Ballon d'Or voting for the world's greatest player. We had a great summer and I don't think I would have won this award of it wasn't for them.
- New Huawei phones can't use Google apps, report says
- Danny Murphy predicts where Arsenal, Liverpool FC will finish this season
- Team USA rebounds from loss to beat Canada
- Trump Campaign Aide Hits Biden For Conflating War Hero Stories
- Coach Klopp plans one-year break after Liverpool stint
- Federer takes two-set lead over Nagal after 1st set loss
- Google moving Pixel smartphone production to Vietnam from China
- Fans expected to mark anniversary of Diana's death
- Corbyn backs nationwide protests against parliament shutdown
- Dorian is now a hurricane