So which 5 National Football League teams are the most likely to trade for Clowney & what would those proposed trades look like?
The Seahawks won't be able to lock up Clowney to a long-term deal until after the regular season ends.
There is no word on the interest level of either the Eagles or Seahawks.
"I know Clowney has to get a physical, but he's excited", Brown continued.
The problem for Houston was that Clowney held nearly all the leverage in the situation. Any team acquiring Clowney could not sign him to an extension until after the 2019 season ends.
Apparently, the Dolphins have been making a strong push to trade for Clowney, but he's not feeling it.
That's unfortunate for the Texans as it pertains to the Dolphins.
Clowney has missed all of Houston's training camp and preseason, and Texans coach Bill O'Brien is desperate to add a left tackle of Tunsil's quality and might be amenable to including two high picks.
The trade leaves a massive hole in the Texans' defensive line, and it bolsters a Seattle line that needed a playmaker since they traded Frank Clark to the Kansas City Chiefs for a first-round draft pick in April.
Q: Can you share your thoughts on what kind of player Clowney is to you?
CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora has confirmed that the Texans have finalized a multi-player trade with the Seahawks that will send Clowney to Seattle. Furthermore, sources have told Pauline that Clowney doesn't come across as someone who does the little things well to become a better player. If Clowney is "adamant" that he doesn't want to play for the Dolphins, Miami has to feel it would be giving up picks or players for a one-year rental in a rebuilding season. Nothing of substance has advanced with any of these teams, according to the report.
- European Union insists Iran nuclear deal must be part of any future pact
- Google moving Pixel smartphone production to Vietnam from China
- Team USA rebounds from loss to beat Canada
- China rotates new troops into Hong Kong amid mass protests
- Chinese Central Bank: China Will Not Launch A Cryptocurrency
- Markets Right Now: Health care leads gains on Wall Street
- Fans expected to mark anniversary of Diana's death
- Brazil rejects G7 emergency funds to fight Amazon fires
- Andrew Luck's decision leads the most surprising retirements in National Football League history
- Trump Campaign Aide Hits Biden For Conflating War Hero Stories