As for when the game might come to Nintendo's platform, we're of two minds about it. Kotaku believes that the West might actually get Overwatch on October 15, which is a Tuesday. "Join us for a global presentation, lasting approximately 40 minutes, featuring information focussed on 2019 Nintendo Switch titles, including Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield and Luigi's Mansion 3".
Now, by way of Kotaku, rumours are heating up with word Nintendo will officially announce the Overwatch Switch port during today's Nintendo Direct, which is scheduled for 8am AEST. Bethesda's Pete Hines gave us a new trailer to show off what the game looks like on the Switch. ScreamPark mode is a party game for Luigi's Mansion 3 for up to eight players on a single console. The direct will go live on the link below.
Whatever we wind up seeing, this should be a big show.
This version of Overwatch will release on October 15th and will include all previously released DLC.
There could also be more info revealed for Animal Crossing New Horizons along with a release date or release window. Interestingly enough, that would mean Overwatch on Switch comes just ahead of Blizzcon, which will be taking place starting November 1.
The multiplayer shooter was originally released for Windows, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.
We're particularly interested to see how Nintendo's notoriously bad online services work with a robust online shooter - and if we'll start to see Overwatch characters in other Nintendo games, like Tracer showing up in Super Smash Bros.
- Hurricane Dorian expected to turn
- US Open blown wide open after Novak Djokovic retires
- Brexit snap election might plumb further chaos
- PM BoJo Threatens Pre-Brexit Snap Election if Remainers Vote Against Government
- Osaka, crowd help tearful Coco cope with lopsided loss
- 7-Year-Old Boy Becomes First Fatality of Hurricane Dorian
- US Open 2019: Injury scare for Serena as Barty and Pliskova exit
- Iranian Minister Taunts Trump with Photo of Satellite after Launch Accident
- Thousands protest UK Parliament suspension
- Hurricane Dorian prompts evacuations in Bahamas