As for when the game might come to Nintendo's platform, we're of two minds about it. Kotaku believes that the West might actually get Overwatch on October 15, which is a Tuesday. "Join us for a global presentation, lasting approximately 40 minutes, featuring information focussed on 2019 Nintendo Switch titles, including Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield and Luigi's Mansion 3".
Now, by way of Kotaku, rumours are heating up with word Nintendo will officially announce the Overwatch Switch port during today's Nintendo Direct, which is scheduled for 8am AEST. Bethesda's Pete Hines gave us a new trailer to show off what the game looks like on the Switch. ScreamPark mode is a party game for Luigi's Mansion 3 for up to eight players on a single console. The direct will go live on the link below.
Whatever we wind up seeing, this should be a big show.
This version of Overwatch will release on October 15th and will include all previously released DLC.
There could also be more info revealed for Animal Crossing New Horizons along with a release date or release window. Interestingly enough, that would mean Overwatch on Switch comes just ahead of Blizzcon, which will be taking place starting November 1.
The multiplayer shooter was originally released for Windows, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.
We're particularly interested to see how Nintendo's notoriously bad online services work with a robust online shooter - and if we'll start to see Overwatch characters in other Nintendo games, like Tracer showing up in Super Smash Bros.
- Hong Kong leader Carrie Lam 'never tendered resignation to Beijing'
- China Has Lodged a Complaint Against US to WTO Over Tariffs
- Florida tourism feels impact of hurricane
- Gunman is deadly mass shooting in Odessa Texas identified
- David Luiz makes admission about his defending in game against Spurs
- Samsung's next foldable phone will bend into a square like a wallet
- US Open blown wide open after Novak Djokovic retires
- Texas police hunting for two possible gunmen as 20 injured in shooting
- US Says "Concerned" Over Rising Tensions On Israel-Lebanon Border
- PM BoJo Threatens Pre-Brexit Snap Election if Remainers Vote Against Government