As has been the trend in recent years, Apple Inc (All Sessions) has released incrementally smaller and smaller upgrades to their iPhone line-up.
International Data Corporation (IDC) forecast that this will remain a challenging year for iPhone sales, mostly due to a mature market and lack of handsets tailored for budding 5G telecom networks.
The iPhone XI Pro has thin bezels, sharp edges, and a compact oblong hole punch housing the front-facing cameras and speaker.
The upcoming iPhone launch is expected to come right before Google introduces its Pixel 4 smartphone in October 2019. Apple's new smartphones will also be competing against Samsung, which recently launched its Galaxy Note 10. The devices will likely look almost identical to a year ago.
Typical livestreamed Apple announcements last for around two hours and see the company reveal a number of new products. OLED screens usually offer darker blacks and other bold colors, which creates a better contrast than LCD screens.
Wedbush Securities analysts were slightly more conservative, pegging expected numbers at around 180 million, with between 60 and 70 million to come from China. You'd have to go all the way down to spot 9 on the most-shipped smartphone models worldwide list to find the iPhone Xs Max. The claims came from China Labor Watch, which issued the report ahead of an Apple event on Tuesday to announce new iPhones.
"Unfortunately, the market wants fireworks from Apple on cue every year meaning that no growth will dampen share price performance". While iPhones still make up the bulk of company revenue, services revenue is growing more rapidly.
Also tomorrow, the tech giant could tell us more about its forthcoming new services, such as the Apple TV+ video subscription and Apple Arcade game subscription, which were teased earlier this summer during WWDC 2019.
- Cocaine washes up on Florida beach as Hurricane Dorian approaches
- Samsung's $2k foldable phone goes on sale following major setback
- Lawlessness Is A Crime Against Our Country - South African President
- Duke and Duchess of Sussex skip Queen's traditional Balmoral summer holiday
- UK Lawmakers Reject PM Johnson's Request to Hold an Early Election
- Brexit snap election might plumb further chaos
- Florida tourism feels impact of hurricane
- Novak Djokovic booed off court after retiring due to shoulder injury
- Overwatch Comes To Switch Next Month
- Walmart to stop selling handgun ammunition