Apple claims that the iPhone 11 Pro lasts four hours longer than the model it replaces while the iPhone 11 Pro Max lasts five hours more than its predecessor. The iPhone 11 gets a new front 12MP camera as well.
So what do you get for that?
iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max can shoot the highest quality video in a smartphone and record 4K video with extended dynamic range and cinematic video stabilization.
The tech giant's chief executive Tim Cook said it was "a gaming service unlike any other out there". The launch will also feature other programs, including Oprah Winfrey's new book club, a Peanuts series called "Snoopy in Space" and a documentary that Apple bought the rights to a year ago called "The Elephant Queen".
There's now also a built-in compass that can display latitude, longitude, elevation, and incline. Apple says this will help users better navigate their day. But now you don't need to limit how long the coverage lasts as Apple made a decision to turn it into a subscription service. Apple Arcade will be available, via iOS 13 on September 19, with tvOS 13 and macOS Catalina access coming on September. 30. Yes, there are Nike and Hermes models, and it starts for $399 for Global Positioning System or $499 for cellular. Check out Apple's website to find out more. There is no Apple Pencil support, so scratch that, pun intended.
It also has new iPadOS software.
You can also plug in external USB drives to view pictures and documents. The new phones are available to order Friday and will start shipping September 20.
This year's event also saw Apple reveal details of its video game subscription service called Apple Arcade.
Apple Arcade gaming service will have games from developers like Konami, Capcom and Annapurna Interactive, and more. It'll only set you back $4.99 per month.
Most of these are shows, while The Elephant Queen is a documentary. Apple TV+ will launch November 1 in over 100 countries and regions via the Apple TV App Worldwide on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, iPod touch, Mac and other platforms, including tv.apple.com and other non-Apple platforms.
Apple, in fact, is already using the video service to promote iPhones, offering a free year of Apple TV Plus with new device purchases.
"I think the pricing on the Apple TV service was definitely a positive surprise", said Michael James, managing director of equity trading at Wedbush Securities in Los Angeles.
At a cost of $US5 per month, Apple Arcade will be a tab in the App Store and will allow subscribers to play more than 100 games exclusive to Apple.
- As vaping-linked mortality spikes in US, Israel issues dire warning
- Bahamas evacuees told to get off ferry headed to the U.S.
- Serena back to US Open final with record in sight
- Mercedes boss criticises Ferrari's Leclerc over controversial move
- Foxconn cheats China iPhone workers
- Facebook launches dating service in US, Games & Apps News & Top Stories
- Trump fires national security adviser; John Bolton says he resigned
- Apple Arcade, iPhone 11 and Giant Network headline Apple Special Event
- Samsung's $2k foldable phone goes on sale following major setback
- ISRO Scientists Analysing Data From Vikram Lander, Efforts To Re-establish Contact Underway