No more having to read about insane tantrums over a helmet.
The chants continued even during the game, as the Raiders jumped out to an early lead and held on for a 24-16 victory.
Brown, 31, initially had been expected to be suspended by the Raiders for conduct detrimental to the team and miss at least the Week 1 game. It must have been nice to just play ball.
"Antonio is no longer with us". Gruden has said he is emotional about it because he traded for Brown, went to bat for him over and over, and had more patience with him than he has ever been known for.
Last year Carr was sacked 51 times so the Raiders offensive line has been rebuilt to better protect him. "If he didn't, awesome".
The Broncos lost more than just the game on Monday night to the Raiders. "But all the reports I have are very, very positive". Mullen took a bad gamble, leading to a 22-yard pass to Emmanuel Sanders on Denver's last drive that was capped by Flacco's 1-yard TD throw to Sanders against Mullen. The last player to reach numbers in their first National Football League game? Tight end Darren Waller was tough to match up with.
Most of the rookies happen to act like veterans. Oakland is projected to have a bottom five defense as they reached for Clelin Ferrell in the draft, and will be relying on Vontaze Burfict - who has a million miles on his odometer. The Raiders upgraded in a few spots and looked strong against the Arizona Cardinals in the preseason. He had three tackles on Monday night before suffering the injury.
After a strong first half when Denver was limited to 87 yards and no points, Oakland's defense wasn't almost as effective in the final two quarters.
The Raiders win was made possible in part by wide receiver Tyrell Williams, who stepped into the WR1 role in Brown's absence and finished the day with six catches for 105 yards and a touchdown. Maybe AB can post about that on social media.
- Photo of Justin Trudeau appearing in ‘brownface’ published by Time Magazine
- Bermuda gets ready for pass by Category 3 Hurricane Humberto
- Southern Oregon youth expected to walkout Friday for climate action
- Saved By The Bell Is Getting A Sequel - Here's Who's Coming Back
- Know everything about the newly launched products of Apple
- Iran's Rouhani comes out swinging against the US
- New England Patriots Release WR Antonio Brown After Rape Allegation
- Qureshi details diplomatic victories of Pakistan on Kashmir issue
- Fed makes second straight rate cut, splits on further action
- Trump names hostage envoy as new national security adviser