Since 2004, New Orleans all-world QB Drew Brees has missed four games, three because the Saints had clinched their playoff berth and didn't need to risk injury.
Ted Ginn (thigh) was removed from the Week 3 injury report.
The Seahawks are 2-0 without Ansah and both their victories came in one-score games.
Rapoport tweeted Monday morning that Brees will now decide who is doing the surgery and what procedure he'll do. Reasonable speculation is that the career of Roethlisberger, 37, is over. Penny racked up 62 yards and one touchdown, while Carson had 15 carries for 60 yards.
The Seahawks are still an above-average team offensively, don't get me wrong, but Lattimore will have an easier time with the Seahawks' receivers than he did the Texans and Rams. Instead, they will face Teddy Bridgewater at home. They have won their first two games of the year by a total of three points.
Saints coach Sean Payton declined to answer "hypothetical" questions about Brees not playing, saying, "We'll have a plan either way". It was like an unintentional and clearly excruciating high-five between the players.
"He's going to be a factor".
For Pittsburgh, that contingency is Mason Rudolph, a third-round pick in his second season out of Oklahoma State.
"I told him I'm hoping for the best", Goff said of his postgame chat with Brees. "I liked our defense". It's been a really good process to get him to this, where he's in good shape, too. He was a big-time player for us past year.
"We're growing, we're fliguring it out". I could point to previous year where he was the spark that got us going. "We're gaining some traction".
"A lot of people I think forget what he did when he was a starter in this league", running back Alvin Kamara said. He went 17 of 30 for 165 yards as the Saints fell 27-9.
"He did fine", Carroll said. Other than that, he did pretty good.
Teddy Bridgewater took over for Brees Sunday.
Bridgewater, a second-year Saints who returned to New Orleans this season on a one-year, $7.2 million free-agent deal, is the primary backup.
If they opt to place Brees on injured reserve, he can still return this season but not until he sits a mandatory eight games; being allowed to return to practice after six weeks, but not before.
- London students to take part in global climate strike on Friday
- Samsung Galaxy M30s released with 6k battery for less than $200
- Israel Vote Deadlock Confirmed After Near-Complete Official Poll Results
- New England Patriots Release WR Antonio Brown After Rape Allegation
- Thousands join climate strike in New York City
- US drone strike kills 30 farm workers in Afghanistan
- Dolphins choose Josh Rosen to start Sunday
- California vows fightback after Trump voids state's right to set emissions rules
- Democratic Hopeful Pete Buttigieg Takes a Dig at Sen. Elizabeth Warren
- Trump says he had ‘perfectly fine’ call with Ukraine leader