Fresh off of her show's Emmy wins, "Fleabag" creator Phoebe Waller-Bridge signed a deal with Amazon Studios to create and produce new TV content for the tech giant's video platform.
The best actress win for Waller-Bridge was particularly significant as she beat out Veep's Julia Louis-Dreyfus, who was nominated for her record 19th acting Emmy.
Fleabag: BBC and Amazon's comedy drama was the star of the night.
None of the HBO saga's actresses took home trophies at Sunday's ceremony, in which six of the show's female cast members were in the running for Emmys gold.
'Game of Thrones' Emmy Snubs Actresses - Who Should Have Won?
Picking up his writing award, he also praised his award-winning director, Johan, and said: "You could not ask for a better director or a writer".
Fleabag, which ended its second and final season in April, follows the sexual misadventures of a woman known only as Fleabag, originally based on Waller-Bridge's 2013 one-woman stage play of the same name. The family made sour comments while watching the award show in their family room, snarking about previous actors who've won Emmys but have since fallen from the spotlight, referencing Bill Cosby and Roseanne Barr.
Porter added: "I have the right, you have the right, we all have the right". But Comer's seductive assassin, Villanelle, proved too good to pass up for Academy members, giving the actress her first-ever Emmy.
What is so special about Fleabag isn't that it is a show about a woman trying to figure out her life (which it is) but rather that we all found something to understand within her. I can't wait to get going!'
It premiered in 2016 to critical acclaim, but was previously overlooked at the Emmys, not even scoring a single nomination.
- Walmart Officially Bans E-Cigarettes
- Antonio Brown Says He’s Finished With the NFL, Goes After Patriots Owner
- Skipper De Kock delighted with Proteas Twenty20 fightback
- Pakistan trolls Imran Khan, compares his and PM Modi's reception in US
- Zidane warns: he would quit Real Madrid without backing
- Britain joins USA in blaming Iran for Saudi oil attacks
- Trump ordered delay in $400 military aid to Ukraine before call
- Thomas Cook bosses scrutinized over high salaries as repatriation ramps up
- UK Labour chief Corbyn: I will serve full term if made PM
- Stay out of Gulf, warns Iranian President