De Kock struck a second successive fifty in the series finishing unbeaten on 79 from 52 balls.
The Indian women's cricket team will take on South Africa in a five-match T20I series with the first T20 beginning at the Lalabhai Contractor Stadium in Surat on Tuesday (September 24).
India won the toss at the Chinnaswamy Stadium and made a decision to bat first.
South Africa, meanwhile, won a tour game ahead of this series and will be confident in their chances of pulling off an upset.
"So, it is good to have fresh legs and it is the flawless platform for them to perform and build the confidence for T20I World Cup", Dhawan told reporters in a pre-match conference.
Quinton de Kock's 79* guided South Africa to a 9-wicket win
Earlier, Hendricks dismissed unsafe India opener Rohit Sharma early and picked up another wicket to finish with impressive bowling figures of 2-14 from his four overs.
"They put a lot of pressure on us in the first four overs, kept it very tight, didn't give us a lot of bad balls, ball was swinging", he told reporters. Kohli scored just 9 runs off 15 balls before he was sent back to the pavilion.
Kohli said India had planned on their No. 4 batsman depending on the number of overs left, which resulted in a bit of confusion. Virat Kohli's outrageous exhibition of classy strokeplay in Mohali and Quinton de Kock's man of the series-winning display in his first series as captain were the two biggest takeaways.
"I would say only in T20 cricket (where chasing is easier)". However, he played a loose shot on Andile Phehlukwayo's delivery and was dismissed at 20 runs off 19 balls.
- Antonio Brown Says He’s Finished With the NFL, Goes After Patriots Owner
- Thomas Cook Airline Condor Says To Keep Flying, Seeks Government Loan
- Britain joins USA in blaming Iran for Saudi oil attacks
- Congress, intel leaders clash over whistleblower report on Trump
- Archie going on royal tour to South Africa
- Zidane warns: he would quit Real Madrid without backing
- Number of vaping-related illnesses in United States has spiked, CDC says
- Trump ordered delay in $400 military aid to Ukraine before call
- Jerry strengthens to a hurricane in the Atlantic
- ‘Everything is fine in India’: PM’s response to ‘Howdy, Modi!’ | Full speech