It was a significant shock for the soccer followers after they noticed Messi receiving the award, which was created in 2016 for the primary time, as everybody was anticipating Liverpool defender Virgil Van Dijk to be chosen as the flawless.
"I feel like if we really want to have meaningful change, what I think is most inspiring would be if everybody other than Raheem Sterling and Koulibaly, if they were as outraged about racism as they were".
"I've always said that I don't, but you never know", he added when asked if he could see management forming part of his future. And what an incredible job Pep did'.
The fair play award went to Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa and his squad.
Messi, who won the Spanish La Liga title with Barcelona last season as well as the European golden boot having scored 54 goals in 58 games in all competitions, last won the award in 2015.
Rapinoe finished with 46 ranking points to 42 for teammate Alex Morgan
Ellis resigned in July, shortly after the US beat the Netherlands 2-0 to win its second successive World Cup.
Argentine football star Lionel Messi won the Fifa Men's Participant of the Year award for 2018-19 season edging past rival Cristiano Ronaldo and UEFA Men's Participant of the Year award victor Virgil Van Dijk.
"It has been a long time without winning an individual prize".
"I'm really happy because I worked a lot to arrive here, to win the Champions League, to become a great player, to have a great season as I had in the last one with Liverpool and with the national team also".
Southgate instead went for Messi, and Kane did not even make it into his top three ahead of Ronaldo and Van Dijk.
Zsori, who turns 19 next month, joined fellow Hungarian top flight side Fehervar this summer but is yet to play a game for his new side. Find out here how the likes of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo as well as other national team captains voted!
- Trump labels Biden 'very dishonest' as he defends call with Ukrainian president
- Skipper De Kock delighted with Proteas Twenty20 fightback
- Thomas Cook Airline Condor Says To Keep Flying, Seeks Government Loan
- Yemeni Govt. Dismisses Houthi Declaration of Ending Attacks against Saudi Arabia
- New Zealand's discipline won them the game, says Erasmus
- ‘Everything is fine in India’: PM’s response to ‘Howdy, Modi!’ | Full speech
- United Kingdom negotiator says Brexit deal is possible
- Lawsuit filed against Modi in Houston, separatist Sikhs to hold protest
- Thousands join climate strike in New York City
- Jodie Comer scores maiden Emmy for 'Killing Eve'