Houston-based Tellurian Inc., a liquefied pure gasoline firm, announced the deal with Petronet around the weekend.
"It is a significant moment for me personally to receive the award on the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi", Modi said. I think they did a better job.
The two companies have signed the MoU wherein Petronet and its affiliates intend to negotiate the purchase of up to five million tonnes per annum (5mpta) of LNG from Driftwood, concurrent with its equity investment, which remains subject to further due diligence and approval of its board of directors.
Leaders and representatives from Antigua & Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent & the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago attended the meeting on Wednesday on the sidelines of the 74th UN General Assembly Session. Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of the Republic of India, at the 3rd annual Bloomberg Global Business Forum in New York City on September 25, 2019 at The Plaza Hotel.
"Thus if you want to invest in urbanisation, come to India", he said.
Expressing his disappointment over the worldwide community's silence over the grave human rights violations in the occupied valley, the prime minister said there are eleven Security Council resolutions that recognise Kashmir as a disputed region and it is not an internal matter of India.
Modi had separate meetings with Marriott Hotels President & CEO Arne Sorenson, IBM CEO Ginni Rometty, Walmart President & CEO Douglas McMillon & Chairman & CEO of Coca Cola James Quincey. It was a long meeting.
The president and prime minister have developed a close friendship. That will happen ultimately. I have great respect, great admiration and I really like him.
"If there's a problem, he (Modi) will take care of it. They've got to work it out". In this journey, we want to partner with the global business community.
The Prime Minister said that India's growth story was built on four pillars, namely Democracy, Demography, Demand and Decisiveness.
He said, "And whatever help I can be, I said I offered, whether it's arbitration or mediation, or whatever it has to be, I'll do whatever I can".
India maintains that Kashmir is a bilateral issue and no third party has any role in it. Pakistan has been trying to internationalise the Kashmir issue after India withdrew the special status of Jammu and Kashmir on August 5, but New Delhi has asserted the abrogation of Article 370 was its "internal matter".
Pakistan reacted by suspending trade with India.
The "Howdy, Modi" event in Houston, Texas, which saw both Modi and Trump address a 50,000-strong audience of primarily Indian-Americans, was undoubtedly a historic moment.
- Fresh call for polls expected after Johnson's court rebuke
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announces official impeachment inquiry of Trump
- Trump offers to mediate Kashmir dispute between Pakistan, India
- Fritz puts World on brink of first Laver Cup
- Natural disaster of 6.3 magnitude hits Delhi, north India, epicentre in Pakistan
- Demi Moore says she was raped at 15, Entertainment News & Top Stories
- Worlds best female footballer Rapinoe dedicates Federation Internationale de Football Association award to her female lover
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Toilet controversy: India's Modi ignores protests to collect Gates award