The next Star War movie isn't expected to be out until 2022.
In addition to the opposite Marvel tasks, Kevin is working with Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy on growing a brand new Star Wars movie. Now the man is going to tip his hat to the Star Wars franchise soon. Others claim this is just a passion project, and may not extend further. It could even be someone already involved with the MCU, but no further info is provided.
Let the speculation and anticipation begin! The last film in the series, "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker", opens in theaters on December 20.
The franchise was kickstarted with the 1997 film- Star Wars: Episode IV- A New Hope.
Also, Star Wars is taking a little break after "Rise of Skywalker". During a recent earnings call, Iger said interest in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge was still high, and "long term ... we have no concerns whatsoever about them".
Kevin Feige has hit home run after home run with the movies included in the MCU.
Avengers: Endgame, released to much fanfare in April, is the highest-grossing film ever, making 2.8 billion U.S. dollars (£2.3 billion) at the worldwide box office.
It'll be interesting to see how Feige and Kennedy work together, since they're more on an equal playing field, each in charge of their own very successful divisions.
The third (and possibly final standalone) Marvel produced Spider-Man is set to release on July 16, 2021.
"Star Wars'" return to the big screen - after Disney purchased Lucasfilm from George Lucas for $4 billion - has been a moneymaker, but not without controversy.
"The first time it happened to me was when I was 11 years old in Return of the Jedi, and as a young boy to actually have a toy of yourself is a mind-blowing experience". He'll definitely be an asset to LucasFilm and we can't wait to see what he does for Star Wars. At least not anytime soon.
Next-gen hero/villain combo Rey (Daisy Ridley) and Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) were a part of the next sequel, the divisive "Star Wars: The Last Jedi", directed by Rian Johnson.
- Yemeni Govt. Dismisses Houthi Declaration of Ending Attacks against Saudi Arabia
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announces official impeachment inquiry of Trump
- Fritz puts World on brink of first Laver Cup
- Saudi Arabia blocks United Nations oceans report over 1.5C global warming cap
- Meghan Markle emulates Princess Diana in South Africa
- Apple Warns Of Keyboard Bug Hack
- Trump offers to mediate Kashmir dispute between Pakistan, India
- United Kingdom prime minister compares Brexit to Prometheus’ plight with liver-eating eagle
- England leads United States 19-0 at halftime in Kobe
- Natural disaster of 6.3 magnitude hits Delhi, north India, epicentre in Pakistan