After weeks of searching for the cause of a mysterious outbreak of vaping-related lung illnesses across the US, health officials now say that THC-containing products may play an important role in these illnesses.
The CDC says 72 percent of the lung injury cases are male and 16 percent of them are under the age of 18.
There have been at least 13 deaths in 10 states: two in California, two in Kansas, two in OR and one each in Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Florida, Georgia and Mississippi.
More than 800 cases of vaping-related illness have been reported nationwide, including 13 deaths.
"No consistent e-cigarette or vaping product, substance, or additive has been identified in all cases, nor has any one product or substance been conclusively linked to lung disease in patients".
Nevertheless, most sufferers have reported a historical past of utilizing e-cigarette merchandise containing THC, the principal psychoactive compound in hashish.
The Oregon Health Authority is in charge of Oregon efforts to investigate vaping illness, retrieve samples and hand them off to federal investigators.
The CDC has reported approximately 530 cases across the US. Currently, health officials are advising people not to use any vaping product until the cause is better understood. Complicating matters is the wide variety of substances and vaping products the patients have reported using, as well as their location.
It is still unknown which ingredient or device may be causing lung problems in these reported cases, making it more hard to identify the exact cause of the injuries.
Health officials have suggested vaping may have caused vaping associated pulmonary injuries for 450 people and as many as six deaths.
- US President Trump reiterates offer to mediate Kashmir crisis
- Steven Gerrard 'surprised and flattered' about Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool endorsement
- Meghan Markle emulates Princess Diana in South Africa
- Attorney General Bill Barr implicated in whistleblower complaint DOJ tried to hide
- Why Australia's most high-profile child psychologist fears for Greta Thunberg
- Natural disaster of 6.3 magnitude hits Delhi, north India, epicentre in Pakistan
- GM Layoffs 700 More Canadian Workers Due To UAW Strike
- England leads United States 19-0 at halftime in Kobe
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announces official impeachment inquiry of Trump
- Demi Moore says she was raped at 15, Entertainment News & Top Stories