China-based customers will be able to connect iQiyi and Tencent Video, and Tesla said it expects to add more streaming and entertainment services over time.
These along with other new features will start happening for Tesla owners this week via an over-the-air update.
To help make USB storage for our Dashcam and Sentry Mode features easier to manage, video clips taken while your vehicle is being protected by Sentry Mode will now be stored to a separate folder on your USB drive.
Smart Summon: Owners can activate their vehicle to come to them or a specific destination without being inside. In China, Tesla will also roll out the Ximalaya service for podcasts and audiobooks.
Streaming Media & Browser Support Coming to all Model 3 Vehicles To take advantage of the advanced media features in Software Version 10.0, we are also enabling browser access on all Model 3 Standard Range Plus and Standard Range vehicles. Those who purchased FSD now find themselves in the early access program which means they'll be seeing the software update first. As the name of the vehicle feature implies, Smart Summon enables Tesla cars to drive to their owners and collect them. That's in addition to two other music apps, Slacker Radio and TuneIn.
In addition to videos, the software update brings a new karaoke feature that Tesla calls "Car-aoke.' As expected, the feature offers song lyrics alongside a 'massive" music library in multiple languages for singing while in the auto.
The standout feature of the latest software update is Smart Summon (also referred to Enhanced Summon), which is only available to customers who have paid for Full Self-Driving Capability or Enhanced Autopilot for their vehicle.
Given the size and quality of Tesla's in-car displays, true video playback support was just a matter of time.
Activating the new "I'm Feeling Lucky" and "I'm Feeling Hungry" features in the cars' navigation systems will prompt people's cars to lead them to a nearby restaurant or "point of interest". For the Tesla Edition, as it's called, Cuphead will be available to play in single-player and co-op modes. They will be auto-deleted when there's a need to free up storage.
Other updates will streamline Sentry mode, and the new mysteriously named "Joe mode" lets you lower the volume for parking chimes and other alerts if you have a sleeping baby in the auto.
- Amazon Is Making it Way Easier to Delete Your Alexa Recordings
- Saudi Arabia blocks United Nations oceans report over 1.5C global warming cap
- Trump offers to mediate Kashmir dispute between Pakistan, India
- Attorney General Bill Barr implicated in whistleblower complaint DOJ tried to hide
- Why Australia's most high-profile child psychologist fears for Greta Thunberg
- United Kingdom prime minister compares Brexit to Prometheus’ plight with liver-eating eagle
- Whistleblower: White House tried to 'lock down' call details
- Australia’s Hodge suspended for 3 matches
- Prince Harry retraces Princess Diana’s steps with walk through Angola minefield
- Natural disaster of 6.3 magnitude hits Delhi, north India, epicentre in Pakistan