His second also involved Sensi, who poked the ball across goal for the 30-year-old to tap home - scoring his second in a matter of minutes.
"First, he is mature and he has experience and we are living all the time under pressure, under criticism as coaches, as players, as a club", Emery said of his new captain. To put that into context, only the Frenchman and Tony Adams had occupied the role in the previous 17 years.
"[We had to] write names down and then give them to the manager".
Can Xhaka be that? "That's just the way it is", Solskjaer told a news conference on Friday.
In my opinion Granit Xhaka is a poor choice, he lacks nearly everything you would want in a leader.
"It was unbelievable to see the people's reaction to Rob Holding, Kieran Tierney and Hector Bellerin, who played his first 15 minutes", Emery said of his fit-again defenders. The worries on that front are valid but there have been reasons for encouragement too.
Emile Smith Rowe is sidelined by concussion, but Rob Holding, Hector Bellerin and Kieran Tierney are all fit, with the latter available to make his Premier League debut. In truth, it has not been like the old days for some time now.
In some ways none of this should matter. Ozil has been left on the bench for much of this season and it is a huge surprise that Emery has chosen him as part of the leadership gang of five.
Xhaka's performances seem to divide Arsenal fans more than any other player, with some supporting and encouraging him while others hounding him at every opportunity.
- Attorney General Bill Barr implicated in whistleblower complaint DOJ tried to hide
- Demi Moore says she was raped at 15, Entertainment News & Top Stories
- Whistleblower: White House tried to 'lock down' call details
- Natural disaster of 6.3 magnitude hits Delhi, north India, epicentre in Pakistan
- United Kingdom prime minister compares Brexit to Prometheus’ plight with liver-eating eagle
- Trump offers to mediate Kashmir dispute between Pakistan, India
- England leads United States 19-0 at halftime in Kobe
- Pulp diction: Amazon's Alexa to feature Samuel L. Jackson's voice
- Amazon Is Making it Way Easier to Delete Your Alexa Recordings
- Penn State Nittany Lions at Maryland Terrapins odds, picks and best bets