His second also involved Sensi, who poked the ball across goal for the 30-year-old to tap home - scoring his second in a matter of minutes.
"First, he is mature and he has experience and we are living all the time under pressure, under criticism as coaches, as players, as a club", Emery said of his new captain. To put that into context, only the Frenchman and Tony Adams had occupied the role in the previous 17 years.
"[We had to] write names down and then give them to the manager".
Can Xhaka be that? "That's just the way it is", Solskjaer told a news conference on Friday.
In my opinion Granit Xhaka is a poor choice, he lacks nearly everything you would want in a leader.
"It was unbelievable to see the people's reaction to Rob Holding, Kieran Tierney and Hector Bellerin, who played his first 15 minutes", Emery said of his fit-again defenders. The worries on that front are valid but there have been reasons for encouragement too.
Emile Smith Rowe is sidelined by concussion, but Rob Holding, Hector Bellerin and Kieran Tierney are all fit, with the latter available to make his Premier League debut. In truth, it has not been like the old days for some time now.
In some ways none of this should matter. Ozil has been left on the bench for much of this season and it is a huge surprise that Emery has chosen him as part of the leadership gang of five.
Xhaka's performances seem to divide Arsenal fans more than any other player, with some supporting and encouraging him while others hounding him at every opportunity.
- Trump offers to mediate Kashmir dispute between Pakistan, India
- Kevin Feige Developing Star Wars Movie for Disney
- Trump Urged Ukraine Leader To Investigate Joe Biden, Transcript Reveals
- THC May Play a Role in Vaping Deaths and Illnesses — CDC
- Why Australia's most high-profile child psychologist fears for Greta Thunberg
- Prince Harry retraces Princess Diana’s steps with walk through Angola minefield
- OnePlus TV Netflix app release date may get postponed to 2020
- Demi Moore says she was raped at 15, Entertainment News & Top Stories
- Natural disaster of 6.3 magnitude hits Delhi, north India, epicentre in Pakistan
- Toilet controversy: India's Modi ignores protests to collect Gates award