Ramsey showed up on the injury report and was not at practice during the part open to the media.
"Months ago in the offseason, Jalen notified me that he was expecting the birth of his second child in late September", Marrone said.
There is no timetable for Ramsey's return although the team claims he will be back as soon as he's ready to.
Ramsey's agent David Mulugheta thanked Marrone for the statement and said his client wouldn't miss the "moment for anything".
Prior to 2019, Ramsey had nine interceptions in three National Football League seasons and was an All-Pro in 2017.
He later said that his request didn't stem from the blowup with Marrone, but because of "disrespectful things" that were said to him after the game.
Marrone was asked if he thought the timing of Ramsey calling in sick was odd considering his trade demand. I don't want to speak on it or give too much detail.
Ramsey missed apply Monday due to an obvious sickness.
Last night, ESPN's Josina Anderson reported that Ramsey is expected back at the team facility today.
The two-time Pro Bowler did suit up and play amid all the trade rumors in last Thursday's win over the Tennessee Titans. The relationship between Ramsey and his Jaguars has been contentious, at best. "I will let God do his work".
"I mean, I'm not getting into that - odd or anything", Marrone said. "I really don't know".
- Freddie Kitchens responds to Rex Ryan's 'asinine' statement on Baker Mayfield
- Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani says critics trying to 'destroy' him on Ukraine
- Related deaths in Florida, Georgia bring nationwide to 12
- Amazon Is Making it Way Easier to Delete Your Alexa Recordings
- England's Piers Francis has been cited for high tackle
- Tesla Adds Spotify, Netflix, YouTube and Hulu Support
- United Kingdom prime minister compares Brexit to Prometheus’ plight with liver-eating eagle
- The Last of Us Remastered Headlines PlayStation Plus Games for October
- Marvel cancels plans for live-action ‘Ghost Rider’ series
- Steven Gerrard 'surprised and flattered' about Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool endorsement