Peloton, the exercise-bike company, is expected to seek north of $4 billion in valuation.
WeWork shelved its IPO at the last minute due to a lack of investor interest. It chose to delay the IPO after monitoring the rocky performance of Peloton, people familiar with the matter said. After raising this amount, the value of the trendy digital fitness startup has raised to United States dollars 8.2 billion. "They're coming to the market at a time where their growth is actually slowing". "There is anxiety, the markets are on edge". The company would raise $480 million at the top of the new range.
Peloton and WeWork haven't been the only warning signs for IPO investors.
Co-founder and CEO John Foley said he hopes investors will see the company's momentum and doesn't think pricing was out of line.
Despite its widespread reach - Endeavor's talent agency claims to have represented more Oscar and Grammy winners in 2018 than any other, and it owns a majority interest in mixed martial arts (MMA) organiser UFC -investors may have been frightened by its debt load.
"The risk is when you get valuations bid up to a point that is unworkable for the public markets", said Howard Mason, a bank analyst at Renaissance Macro Research.
Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan Securities are acting as the lead bookrunning managers for the offering. In afternoon trading shares changed hands at $26.55 as the broader markets edged lower.
Connected fitness technology firm Peloton Interactive Inc. To participate, you have to buy the equipment (Peloton also sells treadmills) and then a $39 subscription for access to the interactive classes. But like many tech startups going public, it also has never made a profit.
The company said it lost $5.2 billion during the second quarter of 2019, its largest quarterly loss to date. For the 12 months to June 30, Peloton reported at $245.7 million loss, up from $47.9 million the year before.
- The Last of Us Remastered Headlines PlayStation Plus Games for October
- Related deaths in Florida, Georgia bring nationwide to 12
- Freddie Kitchens responds to Rex Ryan's 'asinine' statement on Baker Mayfield
- Macron says conditions in place for Trump, Rouhani talks
- McDonald's Tests New Beyond Meat Plant-Based Burger In Canada
- Tesla Adds Spotify, Netflix, YouTube and Hulu Support
- Disgruntled Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey reportedly calls in sick
- Dire conclusions for oceans in new climate report
- OnePlus TV Netflix app release date may get postponed to 2020
- Marvel cancels plans for live-action ‘Ghost Rider’ series